Wallpaper question

I have just begun to dabble in Directory Opus and I have become a convert. I saw this screenshot in the forums. Could you please give me pointers as to how that was created?
Cheers,
Graham

Which part(s) do you want to recreate?

That screenshot uses some Opus backgrounds which you can configure via Preferences but it also features a customised Windows Visual Style which changes the way the standard controls and window borders look (in all programs, not just Opus), which is done via either the built-in Visual Styles system in XP (usually with a patched DLL which lets you load 3rd party styles) or with a program such as Window Blinds.

Very many thanks for the prompt reply. I am interested in the blue etched appearing toolbar background and the "watermark" DO lister background.
Thanks again
Cheers,
Graham

I think the watermark background is from the "Nudel Tile White" theme which can be found in the themes forum.

Not sure where the blue embossed toolbar background comes from, though. It might be something made by the person who created the screenshot.

I found the original archive of backdrop images on my hdd: [url]Opus Logo Backdrops]

I authored both this particular watermark and the embossed Opus images. (Though many people, including Nudel have created various watermark Opus images).

These images were posted here on the Resource Centre, when the site first came online. I think they just got lost in shuffle somewhere when the Resource Centre migrated to new forum software.

Tanis has them all posted at the link above. In addition to the embossed lavender, there are an aqua and salmon colored embossed, an several textured gray images, and a sanded wood texture. But I think the coolest images are the stonewashed denim Opus logos., even though its hard to find a good font color to contrast with them.

I'm glad to see that some of these images have become popular!

For the curious, they were all created using Ulead PhotoImpact 8 (the current version of which is now 11). I was just playing around learning PhotoImpact, when I created them.

Graham, to get the same toolbar effect, you need to:[ol]
[li] Navigate to Preferences > Display > Images > Defined Images.[/li]
[li] Set the Standard Toolbar Image to the image file that you want to use for all your toolbars.[/li]
[li] With Standard Toolbar Image selected, set the Shared option to "Tile". This will ensure that when this image is shared across Opus lister elements that the image will be tiled to take up all the available space.[/li]
[li] Also, set both the Status Bar and Folder Tabs to the "Standard Toolbar Image" and "Shared". This tells both of these lister elements to use the Standard Toolbar Image as its background, and share that image with any other elements that use it.[/li]
[li] Click Apply and Close Preferences.[/li]
[li] Right-Click on any toolbar and select Customize from the context menu.[/li]
[li] Go to the toolbars tab.[/li]
[li] Temporarily turn on all of your toolbars.[/li]
[li] On each toolbar, set the following options:[ul][li] Background Image = ON[/li]
[li] Background Image = Standard Toolbar Image[/li]
[li] Background Image = Share[/li]
[li] Image is inherited by submenus = ON[/li][/ul]These options tell each toolbar to use the Standard Toolbar Image as its background, and share that image with any other elements (toolbars) that use it. Once you have configured all the toolbars, you should see it real-time on the screen that the tiled image is shared top-to-bottom and left-to-right across all toolbar-like elements.[/li][/ol]

Very many thanks for your courteous reply, kenalcock. I am looking forward to the finished product using your images. Thanks for sharing your work. I feel that no disclaimer is necessary..."for non-commercial useage only" :wink:
Cheers,
Graham