Weird navigation issue

Hi,

I just come to update to v10.
I have some weird issues when browsing specific folders, like C:\Program Files\

I can not click a lot of subfolders, the mousepointer disappears when hovering or it makes some buggy "select" operation all of a sudden :frowning:

For example, I can NOT click the subfolder Notepad++, when i hover over it the mouse "sticks" over the next subfolder called OpenAL, and when i click on the Notepad++ folder, DO opens the OpenAL subfolder.

Also moving the mouse around in the C:\Program Files folder, multiple subfolders & items get a selected state simply by moving the mouse around over the file pane.

I need to reverse back to v9 since this new version is quite buggy.

just would like to add that i experience the same on random other folders and drives.

• I never expected such a buggy behaviour for a once so polished product.

Seems to be related by the "Use visual style to draw items" option.
Disabling this option gets rid of the buggy behavior.

Which view mode are you using?

There's a known bug with List, Small Icons and Large Icons modes where what you describe happens if the window width is an exact multiple of the icon/name width. A fix will be in the next update, but for now if you resize the window width by a pixel it should work again.

Sorry, was indeed using List mode, and indeed, shrinking away some of the tree view got rid of the misbehiour.:slight_smile:

and sorry for adding some more notes to this post (should better start thinking before posting), but using visual styles uses more space, ie : when the "visual style" option is turned off, quite a lot more items fit inside the filepane.

Instead of just a solid background, visual styles have borders around every selected item. If they didn't have some extra space it would look really bad. (We tried it, it was really hard to read and squashed up.)

[quote="Devilder"]Seems to be related by the "Use visual style to draw items" option.
Disabling this option gets rid of the buggy behavior.[/quote]

I am completely disappointed with DOpus v10. It must be some bad seed since firstborn did not make passing marks on my PC.

• Weird F5 behavior while browsing LAN drives and folders. Every time I hit F5 instead of folder refresh DOpus kicks me to either to RecycleBin or Desktop. I keep DO in Explorer mode all the time; left Tree right Files.

• Another thing is that it crashed so many times I never experienced with v9. I kept screen-print of one of the crashes but do not know how to paste or attache it here. It says: error 0xC0000005 occurred in thread dopus.asynciconthread at address 0x7c9eccf5.

I am back to v9; not to mention that now I would need to relearn v10 since everything is modified that it is annoying.

If you close the Folder Tree, does that still happen?

If not, what are your folder tree settings? (Please post a screenshot of the Folder Free pages from Preferences.)

Please see if the crash generated a minidump which could be analysed to find out where it went wrong.

If you close the Folder Tree, does that still happen?

No, it does not. When Folder tree is closed F5 DOES refresh File area correctly. But I need Folder Tree opened all the time...

And I was able to restore v9 toolbars in v10. Ufff. I do not like new ones since I spend years honing DO to my liking and am not doing that again.

If it crashes again I will follow link you provided and provide dump. Hopefully portable DO (exported to USB) does it the way link describes since this network drive issue happened with USB version.

Please tell us more about the network paths. For example:

• Are they UNC \server\share\etc. paths or mapped network drives?
  • What type of computer / device / OS is at the other end?
  • Is it a fast or slow connection?

Please also show us your Folder Tree preferences, the Appearance and Options pages under Settings -> Preferences -> Folder Tree.

• It happens only when I type server name and go directly to that server.
  • It does not happen on mapped network drive
  • I am not sure but it is PC, not Win 7, most likely MS server OS 2003.
  • Instant
  • Screen prints have bee attached

Another issue I came across is that IF in 'Show in Folder Tree' Libraries are checked and when I remove check mark, they do not disappear from Folder Tree. They do disappear after complete restart of DO v10. On top of that when I remove check mark form Libraries two item underneath stay active (do not go dim); and it is same behavior for every item in this section which has items underneath: main item is unchecked but child is still active???

Thanks. I think I've been able to reproduce what you're seeing. For me it seems to help being in a directory that is next to a lot of other directories, and near the bottom of the list. If I refresh quickly while the tree is still re-populating the list of other folders then I sometimes get dropped back to a parent folder. I'm writing up a bug report about that now.

The checkboxes you mention stay enabled because they are still meaningful. They define where things will appear in the tree, and those things will appear in the tree if you navigate to them (or a child of them), even if they're turned off in the tree normally.

There's no reason for you to lose your toolbars from v9 in any case... if you are installing v10 over the top of v9... all the "new" default toolbars that have drastically different appearance have different names, so they don't "overwrite" your old toolbars.

I would advise all users "getting to know" Opus 10 to make regular config backups as you experiment with settings related to new features. With an app like Opus - theres really no reason to ever be upset about "losing" some configuration you've spent alot of time setting up to your liking... or then having to go back and spend much time at all getting things set back the way you like.