What is best way/app/program to view pdf files?

I have been using SODA PDF for a while to manage pdf files and while it is good for many things, and displays pdf files in DO's viewer pane, it is sooooo slow.

Any ideas?

FoxitReader is not bad. & i can´t complain it´s too slow.

I have been using PDF-XChange Viewer for some time now, and am well pleased with it. "The No.1 rated BEST PDF Reader - as voted by Life Hacker Readers by a 2-1 margin for the 2nd year in a row!"

Despite the prominent "Buy Now" button on the product page, it is free, which is obvious if you read the text. "Buy Now" refers to the extra features PRO version.

I'll back that recommendation for PDF-XChange viewer very strongly. I have tried out and uninstalled the other well-known free ones (including Adobe). PDF-XChange is very quick and flexible, and leaves the minimum space wasted by headings and footings.

They also have a fine free .pdf creator at tracker-software.com/nonprof ... -discounts, provided that you are non-commercial, This allows, for example, a webpage to be saved as a .pdf file through the "Print . . ." command.

Sumatra PDF.

+1

I don't think Sumatra has the necessary viewer plugin to all Dopus to view PDFs in the viewer pane. I switched from Sumatra to PDFXchange for that reason.

[quote="bspeight"]I have been using PDF-XChange Viewer for some time now, and am well pleased with it. "The No.1 rated BEST PDF Reader - as voted by Life Hacker Readers by a 2-1 margin for the 2nd year in a row!"

Despite the prominent "Buy Now" button on the product page, it is free, which is obvious if you read the text. "Buy Now" refers to the extra features PRO version.[/quote]

Yeah! Freeware PDF-XChange Viewer is far better than Sumatra PDF for me. :smiley:
FoxitReader and Sumatra PDF is too slow vs PDF-XChange

Does PDF-XChange Viewer have tabs for viewing multiple PDFs at once? I use Foxit because I need the tabs (I always have several PDFs open at a time) but the font rendering in Foxit leaves a lot to be desired.

Yes it does.

Thanks all for the responses. Once again, this sort of co-operation highlights the best of the internet :slight_smile: