Where did my breadcrumb go?

Sorry for a noob question, but I can't figure out what happened to my breadcrumb-style folder path. When I first installed DOpus, I had a breadcrumb, but at some point it was replaced with what is shown below, and I can't find the setting because I am confused as to what this 'part' of DOpus is called (a "border", or a "toolbar", or does it have another name? I usually call it the 'address bar', but that doesn't come up in the preferences's search). I tried "restore all settings", but oddly that didn't help.

Thanks for any help.

I think you're after this:

It's not your fault, but a bug which was recently found and fixed.

The fix is only in a beta version at present, but the beta has proven stable and should be fine to use. (As long as you don't mind some parts only being in English. The main delay in getting it into a stable release is in updating all the language translations.)

Please download and install Opus 12.2.5 (beta) (or a later version, for anyone coming to this thread in the future).

Then, go to Preferences / File Displays / Border and make sure Display as a toolbar is selected.

If there is a dropdown just under that for selecting which toolbar is used, you want to select the File Display toolbar. (This is the part which would not always be possible with Opus 12.2.)

If the dropdown isn't there at all, that's OK as it means the File Display toolbar is already selected.

Then click OK to close the Preferences dialog and things should return to normal.

Thank you both!

I have had this issue too... When I first launched the program there was an address bar with breadcrumbs and when I altered the options in that settings dialog it disappeared and the ugly blue bar appeared with no way to reset it back to how it originally was....

Note: I don't have "File Display" as an option!!! only Applications, Drives, Office, Office365, OpenOffice and I've tried selected one of them, closing the app and re-opening it to see if the box would populate correctly but it isn't...

Don't panic! Please see my reply above which has everything you should need to fix that.

I tried exporting config data but it is compiled rather than being plain-text in the form of xml or whatever.... If config was altered to plain-text it would be easy to correct such settings... I'll try the beta; thanks.

The config is plain text. XML is plain text.

But you don't have to do any of that. Just follow the instructions above.