Why is diropus so slow?

I have a problem with diropus that a can't solve, when I copy one video file from one HD to another HD diropus is always slower than windows explorer why is that, isn't the program handle files as efficient as explorer?
The worse bit is when a start transfer video files to my NAS (WD mybook live) then I get really slow like 4-15mb/s on my gigabit network but if I using explorer I get 30-40Mb/s to my NAS. Even between computers I get slower speed with Diropus with 30-50mb/s but with explorer I get 80-100Mb/s. I see that when I copy from my home group folder diropus is using explorers transfer window and then all speed is fine, can I tell diropus to always use explorers transfer method on all folder when copy files or will I be stuck with the default behavior?
I have the latest Directory opus 10 and all my computers are Windows 7 x64 home premium.

There are many possible reasons for that, ranging from data caching (if you copy a file with one program, then again with another, the data may be cached and much faster), to buffer sizes and non-buffered-IO settings (you can adjust those via Preferences if you want to experiment; type buffer into the Preferences filter to find the appropriate options), to peculiarities with hardware, drivers or antivirus in how they respond to different programs doing things in slightly different ways (sometimes solved by updating the firmware/drivers/software of those things; sometimes just because they were only really tested against Explorer).

With video files, problems may also occur if Opus is configured to display any columns (or thumbnails) that extract information from video files and that extraction process ends up reading a lot of data. (Exactly how it works depends on your video codecs and sometimes also shell extensions.)

When copying lots of small files, the overhead of copying file attributes, descriptions, permissions, and other metadata can be very significant, and Explorer does not copy the same details for each file that Opus copies by default. (That can be changed via Preferences as well.)

There's no definite answer, and we couldn't tell you without looking at your actual machine, so it may take some experimentation or investigation (e.g. using Process Monitor to see how the file or other files in the same directory are being accessed while the file is being copied).

All we can say is that on our own machines, Opus copies as fast as the hardware will allow, and typically as fast as Explorer or anything else in a fair test (both configured to copy the same metadata, none of the files already cached in memory by a previous copy).

See Copy files via the shell (Windows Explorer).

That advice about copy files via shell worked great all my speed was back, thanks Leo.
Does diropus copy function work so different than explorer? I have noticed that when you have worked with Diropus for as many years that I have there is no way I want to go back to explorer but with this workaround the speed was back when copying h.264 video files. I would hope that gpsoftware could give the users the option on what method to have when copying when something like this happened liked it did for me.

How do you measure copy speed? If you just look at the speed indicator it may be very inaccurate as Explorer and DOpus use buffers in different way (as leo mentioned earlier).
You can try to copy large amount of data (like more than 2 GB) and measure the time it takes to copy data. Then you can see if DO is really that slow. Remember that you should use different data (copy different files) when testing both methods to prevent system from using cached data.