Wildcard Rename Resource

Hi, I'm learning context of how to use Wildcards. What is a good resource of what wildcard options are and how to use them? Currently I only know about the "*" and use it the most, but that makes all the files the same name and then use the Sequential Numbering option..
in this example only need to insert the word "Anatomy - " in front of the existing text.
dopus-Rename-1

perfect. Is there a link to this Opus Manual from F1 help?
also an example of HOW to do this would be helpful.
What does the code to insert a new word in front of the original look like?
fk
" > ^abc matches abc, abcdefg, abc123, but not 123abc

abc also matches 123abc"
A few real world examples of how to do this in OPUS would be helpful. I would like to do this rename in Opus, save a few common presets instead of going to a different app.

It’s the exact same manual.

Lots of ways to do that. The easiest (with “Use preview list to build macros” turned on) is to simply click one of the names in the New Name column at the bottom of the dialog and start typing. No need for wildcards at all.

If you want to do it using a wildcard instead, it’s simply * to xyz * to add xyz at the front.

There are hundreds of examples in the Rename area of the forum.

Revisiting this, please post a tutorial or video link how to use this function.

1. How to get the built in Manual? all the Lister links goto the online help.
  2. Need to search all folders / sub folders for file type ".cwp". then search a specific name.
    I think this might be how to do it but I would like to learn the macro example you mentioned.
    *.(cwp|Piano)
  3. how to fix "items are not indexed so the search may be slower"
    ~ thanks
    dopus_Macro

Most of this seems unrelated to the thread, especially almost a year later. See Ask one question per thread for guidance.

The “online manual” is the manual. There is only one manual, and you can open it by pushing F1 almost anywhere in Opus, or via the Help menu, or the forum. The only difference between what happens in the program or in the web is whether you’re looking at the HTML files on your computer or a web server, but they are the same files (other than the one that comes with the program is updated more often, but differences are minor).