Win+E stopped working

Hi Guys,

This is driving me mad!!!

Win+E has worked correctly for ages but yesterday it stopped working as expected and opens File Explorer instead :grimacing:

Win%20E

The only "major" change I have made was creating a new toolbar (a copy of my customised Menu toolbar) which I have now deleted. I doubt that has anything to do with it as Win+E is not associated with that toolbar.

Win+Shift+E and Ctrl+E work as expected.
Win%20Shift%20E
Ctrl%20E
I have deleted the Win+E hotkey and recreated it but it still does the same.

What's going on?

Please put me out of my misery.

Regards

Blueroly

Does it work if you pick a different key?

Just tried it with Win+Z and that does nothing.

If you're on Windows 10, using Preferences / Launching Opus / From the Win + E hotkey is usually more reliable than trying to override the system hotkey directly.

I don't see this option. Is it because I am using a USB version?

Yes, it needs Explorer Replacement to function so it would only work with USB if that was turned on via the special USB ini file (with the usual caveats about turning that on for USB).

This has just reminded me that I may have asked this question before. Let me check.

The ini file is correct but it's strange that the feature has been working fine for years and then it suddenly stopped working :thinking:

[DirectoryOpusPortable]
AllowExplorerReplacement=true
RunFromTempFolder=true
AutoLister=true

I was right... Windows 10: Win+E hotkey issue

Seems like the problem went away as I didn't reply. Fingers crossed it will go away again.

If Win+Z also doesn't work then the problem wouldn't be related to Win+E specifically but something more general.

Presumably a Windows update then? I haven't updated Dopus for a while...I'm still on Directory Opus Pro 12.13 Build 7035 x64.

We make changes to keep the Win + xyz hotkeys working with different Windows versions (including different Win 10 updates), so updating is a good idea before trying anything else.

(Or just avoid the Win + xyz hotkeys entirely, TBH, for an easier life. We aim to keep them working, but it seems there will always be times when a new Windows update breaks them, unless Microsoft ever decide to add a proper way for users to customize what they consider to be system hotkeys.)

I will upgrade tonight.

I have been using Win+E for so long, I don't think I could cope with change...but I'll try.

And pigs will fly, as they say :slight_smile:

1 Like