Win xp 64

Will opus work on win xp 64

It works but there are a couple of issues:

• Double-click on Desktop doesn't work. Pretty minor thing.

• Windows 64 redirects 32-bit apps so they see different versions of some system folders, which can be annoying when you want to do file management on those folders.

More details are spread throughout this thread:
[resource.dopus.com/t/windows-xp-pro-x64/956/1)

Speak for yourself brother! I won't go to 64-bit without this... one of those little things I just love and is the primary way I open my listers :slight_smile:.

Well I would miss it but it's not the end of the world. Plenty of other ways to open listers. :slight_smile:

Personally, I won't go to 64-bit without until an application I use benefits from 64-bit, or it becomes the standard with Vista or whatever. Apart from some of the stuff we run at work (which regularly hits the 2gig per-process limit) there's nothing I run that would benefit from 64-bit addressing. (In fact stuff would be slowed down slightly due to all the pointers being twice the size.)

64-bit is inevitable, of course, but I don't see the need to rush into it and I find the hacks Microsoft have added in the name of compatibility rather backwards and frustrating, although I imagine we'll all have to live with them for the rest of time (or move to Linux, OSX, or susistence-farming in a computing-free world).

Of course, others may have a compelling reason to use 64-bit right now. I'm not saying 64-bit is rubbish, just that it currently has no benefit to me, personally, outside of the memory-intensive financial stuff we do at work. If there was a benefit, though, I'd sacrifice the desktop-double-click feature for it. :slight_smile: (Or write my own replacement for the feature. :slight_smile:)