Win10 Libraries not correct

Is it always like that, or only in one window / after something is done or some amount of time after opening the window?

Is this with Opus 12.7, or earlier?

What does File Explorer's tree show? Libraries can be hidden from the tree individually, which might account for the Documents library at least.

Sorry, I just noticed that your email was 'no reply' - updating for you here:

Explorer – not repro:
desktop%2001
Yes, I have DOpus 12.7 on a new Win10 install (though this was happening before the Win10 re-install)

desktop%2002
Yes, it is always like this in any window, 1, or 2, etc..

Now, if I collapse the window to just Desktop, and close DOPus...
desktop%2003

Then Open New Lister and expand Libraries, we see ‘Documents’ is still missing:
desktop%2004

If I expand each Libraries dir x1, I get more corruption…
desktop%2005
If I drag, say the lowest Video subdir with the content, up to the Libraries dir, nothing happens. (Notice the icons between the duplicates dirs. Are slightly different.)

If I double click on the “Documents”, the I get same as other duplicated dirs…
desktop%2006

And again – none of this is repro in Explorer.

Hope this helps,

• Mike

Just an FYI: This is still repro for 12.8 x64 update. :blush:

• Mike

We haven't been able to reproduce this.

There's probably something up with the library definitions. We've seen a few cases where libraries have the same folders listed in them multiple times, or even point to themselves, but we have no idea how the system gets that way. (It's impossible to set it up that way on purpose, at least using the normal UI for editing libraries. There must be a bug in Windows that's causing it, or something causing it by calling APIs that don't protect against it like the library editing UI does.)

It seems that Windows itself copes with this situation by ignoring the duplicate entry in the library, but the duplicate entry shouldn't be possible, and we can't find a way to recreate it to test against.

If you can think of what might have been done to result in the situation, we'd like to try it. Our guess is it involves moving folders like Documents to new locations, but I don't think doing that on its own is sufficient to cause it.

Editing the libraries to remove the duplicate folders may also fix the problem on your machine, if that is what has happened to you as well.