Win64: Double-Click on Desktop Icons Issue

I thought x64 users were saying that it didn't work?

You could try running dopusrt in double-click mode manually - if this works for you then just add it to your system startup via the registry.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /dblclk

Perfect. Works. Thanks!

[quote="jon"]I thought x64 users were saying that it didn't work?

You could try running dopusrt in double-click mode manually - if this works for you then just add it to your system startup via the registry.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /dblclk[/quote]

I does work, although you are not able to double click ordinary files on the desktop (if you use the desktop for files) then a new lister will start instead of that file.

I will try that command line option later when I am at home.

Thanks for the help by the way!

Ok, we misunderstood the issue in regards to this. We'll re-enable desktop double-click in 9.0.0.3 (due out in the next day or so).

Hopefully we will sort all the x64 problems in the next few weeks!

[quote="jon"]Ok, we misunderstood the issue in regards to this. We'll re-enable desktop double-click in 9.0.0.3 (due out in the next day or so).

Hopefully we will sort all the x64 problems in the next few weeks![/quote]

Thanks, it's rare to get this quick and informative responses from a software developer. I am starting to like you guys a lot!

By the way, do you have a x64 machine to test your code on right now?

I tested the command line option now, and when dopus.exe is not running and I start dopusrt.exe with the command line, I can double click my desktop to start dopus.exe and open a lister..

Although when dopus.exe has started it doesn't work to double click any more (seems like dopus turns the doubleclick feature off when started...

But if I start dopusrt.exe with the command line after dopus.exe is started it works all the time.

Yes I do have a Vista x64 installation on one machine, and now that the latest VMWare supports 64 bit guests on a 32 bit host OS it will be a lot easier.

Lack of computers isn't the problem, it's lack of time :slight_smile:

I only get this problem when I log on to the PC locally when I log on through a domain on the same machine all is fine.

I was a little bummed to see that they took out replace explorer and double click to open in ver 9.2 for vista 64 bit I even went back to 9.1 because of it. double click to open a lister is my favorite thing about DO

SYSTEM RESTORE anyone?

that what I used. From now on I'm going to rename updates so I can always go back if need be.

If you set windows to single click the icons work fine.