Windows 7 support update?

Don't know yet but I noticed the same thing earlier today.

I'm sure it will be fixed. NVidia are still able to add their context menu item to the desktop so it doesn't look like Windows 7 has blocked the ability; just some kind of quirk that needs ironing out, I suspect.

I use win7 7100 and I do have the new lister and opus preferences in the context menu from the desktop. Double clicking opens new lister...

By the way.,, MS released a couple of updates so far..Maybe there the explorer replacement does work now..I know that it's disabled by default now but is there a still a way to enable..I would like to test it..maybe it's working now...

I have it on build 7100. Works fine.

I don't know if it's because I missed something reading here, but nowhere on install or in the configuration on DOpus in 7 is there a setting like there is on XP/Vista to replace Explorer, so I can't check and see if that's on/off, but now when I right-click My Computer and go Manage, nothing happens.

I uninstalled DOpus to wait for a fully-compatible Windows 7 version, and the Manage link still doesn't work, though it did before DOpus was installed.

I'm using the RTM of x64; does anybody know why something like this would occur? I'm assuming it's an explorer issue, but I don't know, as all of the cautioned issues with DOpus in 7 were nonexistent for me (control panel still opened in explorer, and folders still opened in DOpus, which also came up whenever Windows+E was pressed as well, even though I was never presented with an option for explorer replacement.)

Okay got to ask......

Now we have Win 7 at RTM is a new beta due at all? :slight_smile:

Go through the steps on manually disabling Explorer Replacement to make sure Opus isn't hooked into folder opening in any way.

(If you've imported a config to a Win7 machine from a machine that had Explorer Replacement on then Opus may have turned on Explorer Replacement and, since the settings currently are hidden on Win7, you have to turn them off manually.)

I have since reinstalled 7, so I can't go through those steps. :v

I didn't import my config from my main computer to this laptop because I saw the warnings regarding it and I do use explorer replacement mode on that other computer.

Is there a reason why the explorer replacement settings are inaccessible in DOpus on 7?

Because turning it on causes problems with control panels, or at least did in Win 7 beta and RC1.

FWIW, I don't have any problems using the Start -> Computer -> Manage menu item on my Win7 RTM x64 machine with Opus on it. I get a UAC prompt and then the Computer Management MMC snap-in appears.

I meant why the dialog to decide whether or not DOpus is used as an explorer replacement isn't even available. It seems like if we need to be sure it isn't being used an an Explorer replacement, the dialog that shows the setting should be readily checkable like it is on XP.

You're not supposed to be able to turn on Explorer Replacement in Win 7 at all. That you can import a config which turns it on is just something that was overlooked when the quick change was made to stop Opus from causing problems when people installed it on Win 7.

Proper Windows 7 support with everything ironed out is coming. If you're using the OS this early then expect to deal with a few quirks in programs. I know I am dealing with quirks in other programs, and I wouldn't be running Win 7 now if I didn't have my own software to get working with it.

You can use the FAQ I linked to see if Opus is trying to replace explorer the manual way. It's only a few registry settings to check.

I will just wait for 10. :v

Jon said in another thread that the Explorer Replacement stuff will be fixed before Opus 10, FWIW.

do we have any eta on DOpus 10 ?

As always, the next version of Opus will be released when it's ready.

:stuck_out_tongue:

thanks Steve
had to ask :smiling_imp:

Since that now win7 rtm has been out for a while on msdn&other sources, do we have any news as to a fix for windows 7?

No change from the mutliple recent answers in this and other duplicate threads.

Please have patience. Asking about it every few days isn't going to speed things up; it's just annoying. :frowning: Jon said it'll be done in a free update that is out before the Windows 7 retail release. Beyond that, you'll know it's done when the update comes out. Keep an eye on the beta (Illuminati) forum for new versions.

If you're using a pre-release OS during this time that is for developers to get their stuff in order then you've got to expect one or two things don't work for a little while. Explorer Replacement is the only big thing that isn't working so it's not the end of the world. I've been using Win 7 + Opus on my main machine since the RTM MSDN release and it works fine so long as Explorer Replacement wasn't turned on in an imported config.

As with Leo, my DOpus works great in W7 RC 7100 with the exception of Windows Explorer, I dont miss it one bit.

We anticipate having an Illuminati version with preliminary Windows 7 support out in the next few days.

ohh :smiley: