Windows 7 support update?

:stuck_out_tongue:

thanks Steve
had to ask :smiling_imp:

Since that now win7 rtm has been out for a while on msdn&other sources, do we have any news as to a fix for windows 7?

No change from the mutliple recent answers in this and other duplicate threads.

Please have patience. Asking about it every few days isn't going to speed things up; it's just annoying. :frowning: Jon said it'll be done in a free update that is out before the Windows 7 retail release. Beyond that, you'll know it's done when the update comes out. Keep an eye on the beta (Illuminati) forum for new versions.

If you're using a pre-release OS during this time that is for developers to get their stuff in order then you've got to expect one or two things don't work for a little while. Explorer Replacement is the only big thing that isn't working so it's not the end of the world. I've been using Win 7 + Opus on my main machine since the RTM MSDN release and it works fine so long as Explorer Replacement wasn't turned on in an imported config.

As with Leo, my DOpus works great in W7 RC 7100 with the exception of Windows Explorer, I dont miss it one bit.

We anticipate having an Illuminati version with preliminary Windows 7 support out in the next few days.

ohh :smiley:

gpsoft seem to be a lot more open in the last few weeks/months.

We never used to get preview/beta copies of dopus and we never used to get forum posts from the devs mentioning their future plans.

It's good to see.

iยดve taken a few notes already some win7 glitches, lets see if they appear next illuminati-release
a win7 working free upgrade v9 to expect? that is very generous

have just upgraded a few other programs where developers quickly turned their software
into major upgrade demanding feeยดs for win7 compatibility (not very nice)

besides others tactics, i will for sure upgrade dopus regardless when time is due

I wonder if opus will support jump menus on Windows 7.

Have you sent a request ?

[quote="steve"]

Have you sent a request ?[/quote]

No, just thinking out loud really. Maybe I should send a request off though.

I think support for Windows 7 virtual folders and indexed search are a higher priority than jump menus but all 3 would be nice.

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the x64 version (using Windows 7 RTM). It works a dream but, when I look in Windows Task Manager I see:

dopus.exe
dopusx64.exe *32

can you explain what this is?

just an enquiry really (Oh and BTW, I did search for an andwer but, search on "Windows Task Manager" brought back way too many results.

TANX
Critical

dopusx64.exe hosts some 32-bit code which does things on behalf of the main 64-bit dopus.exe. I think it's used by the zip and rar libraries. It should exit automatically after 10 minutes when it isn't needed and you can generally ignore it.

great, thanks.

I must say that DO is the best software that I own, you've done a great job!

I would gladly donate one of my Win7 keys from my MSDN account (If it wasn't for the EULA saying that I can't) in order to improve compatibility with Win7!

Or does the developers already have Win7 licenses at this moment?

GPSoftware have Windows 7, don't worry.

[quote="ev1te"]I must say that DO is the best software that I own, you've done a great job!
[/quote]

I agree with you 100%.
I've been using it on the Amiga and then the PC for very many years.