Windows 8 File History

Hello DOpus world,

Just curious if DOpus 10.5 has support for the new Windows 8 File History feature. If not, I will add it as a feature request.

Thanks,

Wayne

Try making a button which runs this:

"C:\Windows\System32\FileHistory.exe" {sourcepath|noterm}

Leo,

Thanks for your reply. For some reason I cannot get it to work. Perhaps it is because it's been so long since I have done any DOpus customization.

The built in Windows 8 feature does two things, it first creates a parameter using the path of the selected file and then it opens up the file history for that folder. It seems like what you are trying to do in your suggestion but all I am getting is a DOpus Selection dialogue box.

Best,

Wayne

I can't think how/why that command would generate a selection dialog.

Without knowing what you've done it's hard to guess what to suggest.

The first part of How to add buttons from this forum to your toolbars is a refresher on what to do with the command, if you need it.

Leo,

This is embarrassing... I was doing it correctly but I thought Select All was part of the code in your message. :slight_smile: What you suggest works just fine!

Wayne

Ah :slight_smile: You're not the first to do that. It's both useful and potentially confusing, that Select All link.

So that does the same as the button in Explorer? I wasn't 100% sure as File History is turned off on Win8 by default, so I couldn't test it very well, but it looked like it opened the same UI with the right search terms being send to it, so it's good if that's correct.

Leo,

It seems to. I need to test it with real data. I will let you know.

Wayne

Leo,

Actually, as I look at it closer, it does not work. It is opening the original location, not the location of where the file history is backed up. Perhaps there is an undocumented switch for Windows 8 File History that needs to be added. I will research and see if I find anything.

Thanks,

Wayne