Windows-E stopped working abruptly

This weekend, my Windows 8/64 stopped launching Opus on startup, and even after
re-setting the Run Opus on Startup checkbox, it refuses to open an Opus window via Windows-E.

I tried checking the Explorer replacement settings, and even Leo's trick of running as and Administrator, unchecking, saving and tre-checking those settings, but it persists in not trapping Windows-E. I just get a regular Explorer.

Is this a known regression? I know my Windows downloaded some updates this week, so it's possible they broke sumptin'.

I'm running
Directory Opus Pro 10.5.0.0 (4779) x64
OS 6.2 (B:9200 P:2 T:1) SP 0.0

10.5.0.0 is quite old, and you definitely do not want to run Opus as administrator as Win-E is one of the things which will break if you do. (Use Opus's UAC Admin Mode if you need to elevate a lister, rather than running the whole program as admin.)

I was just referring to a suggestion you have made previously of exiting, running as admin, turning off Explorer Replacement and then back on, then exiting and re-running as non-admin.

I'm planning a reboot in a couple hours, I'll install the update and see if anything changes.

Updating seemed to resolve the problem. For whatever reason.

[quote="XenonofArcticus"]I was just referring to a suggestion you have made previously of exiting, running as admin, turning off Explorer Replacement and then back on, then exiting and re-running as non-admin.

I'm planning a reboot in a couple hours, I'll install the update and see if anything changes.[/quote]

Leo has often suggested disabling and re-enabling Explorer Replacement. I don't recall that running as admin has ever been recommended as part of that scenario.