Windows Media Player: default settings for preview pane?

I have the Active X extension enabled to preview some filetypes in the preview pane using Windows Media Player.

WMP preview always loads at half volume and always repeats the files. This is really annoying for short sound files -- is there anywhere I can set the WMP preview defaults to be full volume and non-repeating?

Many thanks in advance.

The next update will address both those things.

Great news :slight_smile:

There's a beta version of the update you can use now, if you want:

Where can I find the setting in the Beta?

There's no setting; the new behaviour is by default.

What plugin we are speaking about? I have ActiveX disabled and WMP's volume is always set to max.

ActiveX.

In ActiveX I just can change the volume in fullscreen mode, but it's also set always to max as w/o ActiveX (both volumes always were on 50% before Beta).

Using W7 SP1 x64...

The only way Windows Media Player is used in the Opus viewer is via the ActiveX plugin.

If you're talking about the Opus Movie plugin's volume, that isn't Windows Media Player.

If you're talking about Windows Media Player the application, outside of Opus, that's different to the WMP ActiveX control used in the Opus viewer.

When I have WMP activated something like first pic appears in preview pane. If deactivated, second player.

In both cases the ActiveX plugin is being used. (When I say "ActiveX plugin", I mean the "ActiveX + Preview + Office + Web" plugin, but that's too much to type normally.)

The first screenshot is the WMP Preview Handler and the second screenshot is the WMP ActiveX control.

In the past, the WMP ActiveX control would be left at its default 50% volume. With Opus 10.0.2.1 the volume is now set to 100%.

Ah, I thought volume could be set individual or set to last used.

Same I meant with (de-)activated :slight_smile: