Work Offline / Online button?

Hi all,

I've been using Directory Opus for a while now (think I purchased around 8 months ago) and I'm finding new reasons to love it every week.

One feature I'm currently missing from Windows Explorer however is information and control over the windows "Offline Files" function. Perhaps it's there and I just haven't found it.

I've got a couple of mapped drives set up through group policy to be available offline. In Windows Explorer, there will be a "Work Offline" / "Work Online" button in the toolbar - useful mainly for when I've woken the laptop up from sleep and it's been slow about figuring out the network is back and it can go online.

Also, the information in the status bar is useful for figuring out what's going on when something in the network or the PC has its knickers in a twist.

Poking around through the command help, and the dropdown list of stuff that can be added to the status bar I don't see any options for a work offline/online button - or to display the offline files status of the current folder in the status bar (I do see the option to display an offline status column in the lister however).

Am I missing something? Or am I correct in assuming these features (button and status bar info) aren't available in Dopus?

If not, can you please consider this a feature request :slight_smile:

I don't think the Work Offline button in Explorer is supported anywhere outside of Explorer or duplicated in any form which other apps display (e.g. context menus).

I use this button to quickly open Explorer in the same folder I'm viewing in Opus, which can be useful to quickly access that button or any other rare things which are only present in Explorer:

(How to add buttons from this forum to your toolbars)

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button display="both"> <label>Open in Explorer</label> <icon1>#find</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>cd C:\</instruction> <instruction>Explorer /e, {sourcepath$}</instruction> </function> </button>

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your help - and the workaround. That should keep me out of trouble for the meantime.

Can I ask, are you one of the Directory Opus developers? Or more of a DOpus guru, support person and all round nice guy? Do you know whether a built in offline status button would be something that would be technically feasible for the developers to build in to DOpus someday? (likewise with making the additional offline files information available to be put in the DOpus status bar?).

I've added your button to my setup. Thanks again.

Cheers

Daniel

I am, but I'd have to do research to find out if there is a good way to provide a similar button.

If you link your account we'll add it to the feature request list (although the list is very long, of course!).