Wrong colors Recycle bin and Network folder

When I enter the Recycle bin or the Network the colors are the same as any other folder except for one thing, the font color.
I have dark background for all folders and a light font color but with the Recycle bin and Network the font color stays black, which is hard to read on a dark background. Only the sort column of the Recycle bin has a white background.

When I refresh the folder the custom dark background becomes white. The sort column stays white and the font stays black. The advantage is that I can read the contents after my eyes have recovered. :sunglasses:

It makes no difference whether I include Recycle bin and Network in the Native display option under Virtual folders or not.
I don't have this issues with the other folders like Collections, Libraries, FTP, OneDrive etc.

Where can I set the font colors?
Why does the background color change after refreshing the folder?

1 Like

"Recycle Bin" and "Network" are both delegated to Explorer and (most) Opus color settings won't affect them.

Now we have 2022 and the 12.28.x version of Opus and the problem persists. Many customers use a dark theme and the number is increasing. Why isn't there a work-around here (or at least I haven't found one).

Perhaps one should generally think about upgrading the Opus UI optically and moving with the times. That would be a feature that many would certainly wish for.

best regards
Robert

We are working on it. It isn’t a trivial task. Microsoft themselves have failed to do it properly even with File Explorer, given all the places in Explorer which still show light UI elements (just go to the Fonts folder, or show the view mode popup in a File Open dialog), and they can change the OS. We have to reverse engineer and patch the OS to change the colours of standard controls, shell Windows, and other things the OS itself renders.

We’ve worked out ways to make those folders dark, but still have other things to finish before the change is ready.

We aren’t happy about it either, but we can’t change the fact Microsoft don’t seem to know how to make an operating system properly anymore, and don’t care about third party developers like they once did. We would rather not have had to spent man-years of R&D on changing the colors of things, something that used to be configurable system-wide and without developers having to do anything special, but that’s the reality of the Windows platform these days.

PS: Please link your account.

4 Likes