Zip files not shown using Compressed Files color?

I have the following settings for System and Compressed files.

However, system files (attribute s set) does show in red color.

Even matched files in FAYT show up in yellow color as set.

But zip files (with .zip or .rar extensions for example) do not show in the color shown above but show in normal color.

How do I fix this ?

Compressed Files means files which are compressed by the filesystem itself, not archives.

If you want to color archives, you can do that via the labels system (Preferences / Favorites and Recent / Label Assignments).

I have added a Label with Color and trying to apply to File Type Group Archives but it is not working due to no extensions being available in File Type Group Archives.

For now, I am working around it using extensions .zip and .rar for File Name instead of using filter Type which will cover all Archives.

See following thread. Hopefully, when next stable version is released it may solve the issue and I can use File Type Group Archives.

I recommend installing the beta if you're running into a problem that's fixed in it. That's what the betas are for; to provide early fixes and get feedback on them.

The current beta has proven to be stable and we're really just waiting on translations before the 12.21 release.

I am in general not too comfortable with beta versions and this is a very minor irritant which I have worked around for now so will continue with latest stable version for now.

Had it been a critical new functionality or a show stopper which I had faced and is solved in beta, I might have installed it.