Change Progress Bar Color In File Copy Applet?

I don't want to change the theme of DOpus as such. I quite like the standard theme. Is there any way to change only the green progress bar color on the file copy applet?

Opus draws progress bars using the system-wide settings, so you can change how the progress bar looks but only by changing how it looks in every program.

That colour is taken from Windows itself rather than from within Opus afaik.

(edit: Beaten by Leo)

Mmmm. I'll relate the full story. I run Windows 7 using the "Basic" theme. This is the theme that doesn't use Aero. I'm not referring to the bog standard theme as used in Windows 2000. When running the "Basic" theme in Win 7, Microsoft in their infinite wisdom has deemed that the Taskbar color can't be changed. One is stuck with a boring grey color.

After a bit of Googling I found a hack to change the Taskbar color to a nice blue color like in the screenshot at the bottom of this page: windows7center.com/forums/window ... hange.html

This has the added advantage of changing the terrible green color progress bar that is used in several places throughout the OS to a nice blue color. Except in the DOpus file copy applet. I'm sure I read somewhere once that the DOpus file copy applet is part of DOpus and not part of Windows itself. This would seem to be the case as it's progress bar color hasn't changed to the blue color that I'm seeing throughout the rest of the OS.

What does the Taskbar colour have to do with progress bars?

What exactly are you doing/changing and how?

As I explained above the hack that I applied to change the Taskbar color also had the effect of changing the color of the progress bars throughout the OS from the horrible default green to a much more attractive (IMHO) blue color. Everywhere except in the DOpus file copy applet that is. The file copy applet is the only place in the OS where the progress bar is still green and hasn't changed to the blue color. This leads me to believe that the DOpus file copy applet is independent of the OS and is a part of DOpus.

We're talking about these progress dialogs?

The progress bars should look like the one you see when you start the Disk Cleanup wizard:

Either way, Opus gets the look of the progress bars from the theme (visual style) Windows is set to use. It sounds like you have installed an alternative theme but it isn't clear exactly what that theme changes. (Just changing the taskbar colour would not affect progress bars.)

You can use Visual Element Browser to look at your currently installed theme and see what the ProgressBar Chunk looks like. That's what Opus is using to draw the progress bars.

VisualElementBrowser.zip (58.5 KB)

Thanks for the reply Leo. Yes, they are the progress dialogues that I am talking about. I've used VisualElementBrowser to look at the scheme and it tells me that the progress bars are green. But as I mentioned the only place in the OS that they are green is in DOpus. Everywhere else they are blue. If I use Windows Explorer to copy a file the progress dialogue is blue, not green.

Explorer may be using a different component within the visual style then (it has a lot of its own private themes these days with slightly different visuals).

At the end of the day, the theme you installed didn't change the standard/default progress bar graphics, or at least didn't change all the progress bar graphics.

hello all,
I'm really sorry to post my question on this tread :blush:
but i saw Leo's screen shoots and i realize that i don't have the same thing on mine
how do i get the pause and skip buttons on the copy handler same for peak speed,current speed,avg speed ???

sys == win 7 X64
d opus licensed == 9 5 4 0 3806 X64

thanks a lot for your help and sorry again

Turn on Settings -> Preferences / File Operations / Progress Indicators: Show progress bar speed timer when copying from or to...

thanks a lot leo
its working now :wink:
have a nice day