12.4.3 Crash almost always when FTP uploading finishes

Greetings,

I am a relatively new Dopus user and I love it. Within days of using the trial I already upgraded to the full pro version with SFTP support. I cannot believe how long I have gone without knowing about this product and I am determined to let all my associates know about it. So thank you for an amazing tool.

Using 12.4.3 Beta

I thought I should post this as it is happening very regularly.

I am uploading zip files to my web FTP once a week. The file size is approximately 160Mb.

I am using a regular connection Port 21 (I paid for the SFTP but it is far too slow, anyway that's another issue).

Speed of upload is acceptable but every time the transfer is finished, Dopus is crashing.

I have attached a screenshot of the crash message.

Are there any logs I can send to help you locate this issue?

Please send us any crash dumps if any are generated by the crash.

Is anything recorded in the FTP log at the time of the crash? (FTP > Display FTP Logs)

It is worth checking if the problem still happens with any firewall or antivirus software (other than the Windows build-in firewall) disabled, in case it is scanning the transmitted archive by caching the socket data, and crashing within the Opus process when the data completes.

HI there. Thanks for the response. Here is the crash dump. I did not see anything in the FTP log.

I don't use anything other than built in FW and Defender. But I am on Win 10 Creators Edition (64 bit). I am a QA tester for many different software companies so I am quite familiar with the bug chasing process. The only thing is I am new to Dopus so I didn't know where the dumps were.

Anyway attaching latest dump. Past ones were removed by cleaning temp folder but if it happens again i will attach again.

Hope this might help you to see if it is a Dopus issue or just an anomaly.

crashdump.zip (29.9 KB)

My best, P.

Do you still see this happen if you uninstall Listary, reboot and try again?

The crash is happening inside our Opus code, but farther up the call stack is ListaryHook64.dll which makes me wonder if it is involved somehow. It may not be, but it'd be good to rule it out first, just in case.

A crash dump of what happens without Listary may also be useful to us, as the Listary DLL being in the call stack blocks us from seeing farther up the stack (as we don't have debug symbols for it). So even if it is not involved, it should be worthwhile for the crash dump alone.

Hi Leo, thanks and understood. I will action this as soon as time permits. :slight_smile: Just updated to 12.5 and will be doing some FTP work next week. :slight_smile:

Sorry still getting this when FTP transfer has completed...

Please try the 12.5.1 beta and see if it makes a difference.

Will do Jon thanks.

OK it seems fixed with the 12.5.1 beta. Could be intermittent but that is a good sign so far. Will post back if I experience this again. Thanks.