Different listers on different screens

Hi, I've changed my monitor layout and now have a extra wide screen on the bottom and two 4K screens on the top

The bottom screen is 5120 x 1440 at 100%
The two top screens are 3840 x 2160 at 100%
Ignore screen 4 as its a dummy screen so I can present small scale presentaiton while on line

The area commands now do not work correctly.

In practice there is no correlation bewteen the actual mouse pointer and the lanuching of layouts. Using a mouse pointer capture program I get this for the top screens
And this for the bottom screen

The only difference I can see is in the Raw DPI value.

Any thoughts on why the script isn't working anymore - note it did work when I just had multiple monitors which were all the same.

Thanks Dave

I've added something to the bottom of the main script post which will help you work out the right coordinates. This link should take you to the right section but, if not, it's near the bottom of the first post:

Many thanks Leo, perfect :slight_smile:

Hi Leo,

Area command has just stopped working and I can't see why.

Doubling clicking on the screen can bring up the defualt lister for example, but when I set it to run areacommand, nothing happens any more. This was working perfectly, but I can remember when it stopped as I just justed the icon to open a lister while doing other things, but I'd like to see if I can get it working again, it was really useful.

I put an alert message in the script, but that doesn't get executed.

Is there anything else I can try to find out why its not working?

Mnay thanks
Dave

Any thoughts please?

Show us how you have it configured and how you’re testing if the script is being run.

Have you tried reinstalling the script? If it was working but now isn’t, something must have changed.

Hi Leo,

This is the Area Command setup

I have 4 screens, 3*4k monitors and 1 HD monitor.
This works and brings up the default lister

But this doesn't work

This, as you would expect, creates an error

Please let me know if there is any other informaiton needed?
Thanks Dave

Hi Leo,

Ok, I think I've found 'my' mistake.
I need to put spaces after the , between the Area Command vlaues.
Must have forgotten to do this when I set up my new monitors.
Apologiers for wasting your time.

Thanks anyway, you spurred me to go back and record the testing and take screen shots which I did and I also compared it to my laptop settings.

Dave

1 Like