Drag Location To Open In New Tab

Sometimes I need to open several tabs to compare files in several different folders. It would be helpful, in the two pane view, to be able to drag the open location from one pane to the other, with it opening in a new tab. (To be clear, this would be copying the location in the new tab, not moving it.) Right now I can drag the location to the folder area in the other pane, which creates a shortcut to the location. I want to create a new tab with the dragged location. The feature I have in mind would only work if you drag the location to the the location bar of the other pane. Now this does nothing.

If I've understood correctly, you can do this already by dragging the folders to the tab bar. (Either between two existing tabs or at the end.)

It' not just a folder I want to open in a tab. It's the directory containing the folders, as shown in the location bar. Put another way, I want to duplicate one pane into the other pane as a tab.

You can drag from the location bar to the tab bar as well.

That probably makes the most sense if you want to do it via drag & drop. (It can also be done in a few other ways using commands like Go CURRENT OPENINDUAL NEWTAB=findexisting.)

Thanks. That works.