How do I edit the folder background context menu?

Hello again,

Back with more confusion. Where can I add a command for the context menu when you right click on the directory BACKGROUND. Not on a file, or a folder, but in the background of the folder. When I right click on the background in explorer I get this "New..." menu which I use frequently. I have been able to add it to file type "folders" using FileType NEWMENU. But I would like it to come up when I click the background, not the folder.

Using debugview I thought I could just add it to "Microsoft Workfolders" file type, but that didn't work. Can someone help me and tell me where to add it?

Update:
I can't believe I figured it out after I posted :roll_eyes: Sorry guys:

I accessed the "Customize" menu. Right click toolbar>customize>'context menus' tab>check 'Lister context' box>right click context menu>insert new>New button. Edit the new button and add the command in the function box.

It seems it can't be added through the "file types" editor. If so, I couldn't figure it out.

2 Likes

I've edited the Lister Context menu to include my Windows context menu as a submenu.

Editing Lister Context menu:

Inserting "Windows" as a button with the same Filetype command I used on my "All files and folders" filetype context menu:

But the actual Lister Context menu doesn't even look the same (this is from right-clicking an empty area of the lister...aka, the background):

Oops. My mistake. I was using the Filetype CONTEXTMENU CONTEXTOPTIONS=windowsonly command when what I should have used (and what was shown in @arielreyes001's post) is FileType NEWMENU.

So, problem solved.

Thanks, Ariel!