How to create clickable URL in Viewer Pane from within .NFO

Hi all;

I am constantly astounded at how great this software is and how much one can do with it. The only problem with this software is me. That is, I am not yet capable of fully discharging its full capabilities. I'm trying, though....

On to the question at hand.

I have created .NFO files using .NFO Grabber, at nifty little program that lets you access IMDB and creates an .NFO file with the direct link to the movie you have selected. (My wife constantly berates me that she can't figure out what my movies are about, so I figured I'd give her an easy way to go look if one interested her.) I want the link, which appears in the form http:\www.imdb.com...etc to be clickable in the viewer pane so that one simply has to click on the active link and it opens up the page. Right now I am forced to copy the link and manually enter it in to the browser...There has got to be a simply way that I am not seeing! I've tried mucking around with the plugins, the newest .NFO viewer, etc. but to no avail. BTW, when I open the file up in EmEditor (my Notepad replacement app, it shows as a clickable link)

If it's any use, I am on Vista SP1 and using DOpus 9.1.1.7.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or helpfulness. Great job, guys. Keep it up and don't listen to the whiners...

There's no way to do that at the moment (unless you're a programmer); it's something the plugin would have to do.

Thanks for the reply, Leo, with the bad news... :cry:

I'll submit a change request to the developer. Maybe others would like to see this change as well as it has saved me loadsa of time with my pretty large movie collection...

If you put .url file in your directory, in viewer panel the actual webpage is displayed- no need even to click.

Also, have you tried creating html file instead of nfo?

Hi Xyzzy. Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, I did find out how to do what you show above. I didn't know the pages would load so quickly!! That was why I just wanted a clickable link, as I thought that it would be faster to go to the webpage via a link than to display in the viewer pane...Boy was I wrong!
Now, however, with some 2500 movie titles in my library, I wonder how to convert them to urls? This is essentially what I want and I am open to any advice...

1. Copy content of .NFO file (The only content in them is the link) without opening the .NFO. ( I know this can be done as File Menu Tools by Lopesoft allows me to do it)
  2. Create a new shortcut (as in RM Click > New > Shortcut) and paste contents of clipboard in shortcut target
  3. Name the new URL as {parent folder}.URL

Can this be done with one or two buttons or do I have to resign myself to doing it all manually???!!! Thanks in advance.

BTW, Xyzzy, how do you get your urls? Do you do it manually or do you have a prog? I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks.

I've added .urls by hand, while ripping CDs (with drag'n'drop from browser window).

As for your files, I think that simple abuse of renaming script feature can do the trick.

Thanks Xyzzy. I'll see whether I can get this to work. It HAS to be automated or I'm going to be suffering from CTS in no time.... Again, thanks for the replies.

[quote="grew"]Hi Xyzzy. Thanks for the reply. To answer your question, I did find out how to do what you show above. I didn't know the pages would load so quickly!! That was why I just wanted a clickable link, as I thought that it would be faster to go to the webpage via a link than to display in the viewer pane...Boy was I wrong!
Now, however, with some 2500 movie titles in my library, I wonder how to convert them to urls? This is essentially what I want and I am open to any advice...[/quote]

This sounds like the perfect use for autoit or autohotkey
look into it:)
I have a macro that even allows me to use rapidshare to download a batch of files without having to wait for the timers myself. I just give it a list of URL's and it uses the free RS to get them all :slight_smile:
mousecutpaste.txt (2.43 KB)

Thanks, PaladinMJ. I've never heard of or used AutoIt or AutoHotkey before, but I will certainly look into it. If I find I am able to create what I want I will post my results to the forum for all to use...

Okay...I'm done my research. But being the person I am (non-programmer-type) I am still stymied. I'm sure this could be done quite simply through VBScript or one of those languages, but I am totally at a loss with those...
I've tried AutoIt and am trying to find my way around. I've used the macro and recorder parts but still not getting it right. I would much rather stick to Opus commands. So I can get most of it done through Opus, but they all seem to require a separate button to be clicked for it to work. As always, any suggestions on how to work this (with explanation, if possible, as I would like to learn and maybe help others too!) would be greatly appreciated. So here is what I have so far:

Button 1: (Copies content of the .NFO file - see above screenshot for example of what is being copied - to the clipboard)
@runmode hide
"D:\My Documents\Computer Info\SetClip\SetClip.exe" -e
"D:\My Documents\Computer Info\SetClip\SetClip.exe" -f -l {filepath$}

Button 2: (Creates new .txt file - as I cannot seem to get .url to be created)
FileType New=.txt

Button 3: (Renames file to .url with parent folder name using Rename Preset)
Rename PRESET="File rename parent"

Button 4: (Nothing done on this one yet as I can't figure out how to copy clipboard text to the file created through above steps)

So, there are two missing things:

1. What is Button 4? and
  2. Can I, and if so, how do I get them all in the same button to avoid having to hit four buttons in succession for every .NFO I want to convert to .URL?

At this point I am purely interested in getting to the answer, as I'm sure I would have been done by now if I had done it manually, but I'm a stubborn mule some times. Forgive me...
:laughing:

In case anyone wishes to use these, this is what I ended up with to get movie info for my film library and make it display in the viewer pane so I wouldn't have to go through a whole ordeal every time I wanted to find out what a movie was about...

First, the button to search IMDB for the title of the movie... Simply select the movie in your lister and press this button. It will bring you to the synopsis page of the film. Copy the link from the address bar and paste it into a text or .nfo file.

"http://www.imdb.com/find?s=tt&q={allfile$|noext}"

Next, the button to do the renaming... This takes the text file and reads all its contents (the link) and then creates a URL shortcut and names it after the movie title. I have a preset (found on the rename scripting forum) for renaming a file after the parent folder. Since I have all my movies in folders, this works for me.

@runmode hide
"D:\My Documents\Computer Info\SetClip\SetClip.exe" -e
"D:\My Documents\Computer Info\SetClip\SetClip.exe" [InternetShortcut] "URL= "
"D:\My Documents\Computer Info\SetClip\SetClip.exe" -f -l -a {filepath$}
Clipboard PASTE
Go REFRESH
Select *.txt
Rename PRESET="File rename parent"

For the second button, make sure you have setclip on your computer and change the path accordingly in the script above.

Just thought I'd post this in case someone had same / similar problem. If anyone wants any help with these, let me know and I'd gladly share my LOOOONNNGGG agonizing trial-by-error findings! :smiley: