Love Letters

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but ... I'm compelled (once again) to let you guys know how much I love your product after using it for many years. The FTP capabilities are stellar! Opus is at the top of my "desert island" list, meaning that it's one of the few products that I would bring with me if stranded on a desert island. My only concern is that Microsoft will buy your company and ruin your product - so please don't sell out. - Jim Reed.

11 Likes

Oh yeah. I just imagine 'Clippy' asking you in Microsoft® Opus® 16 'are you sure, you want to change your viewmode to thumbnails'?

:smile:

grafik

3 Likes

I also love Dopus. My concern is more that Windows gets worse with each version. With more and more bloat, so you end up having to abandon Dopus because you have to run Linux!

2 Likes

Well, DOpus is one of the programs (the others being mp3tag and foobar) that make me stick to Windows.

4 Likes

Have you seen Microsoft have started putting advertising into the File Explorer path field now?

They have become a ridiculous, shameful company, without honor.

I guess it’s good for us, more people will want alternative file managers, but their attitude and scummy behavior affects other parts of Windows which I still use. I wish they’d correct their course but they’re getting worse instead of better.

4 Likes

No, didn't noticed it yet. They ridiculed themselves already with those childish images in their search box (which i never use and have it removed).

1 Like

We in here never see explorer, we run DOpus. :rofl: :joy: I don't know what explorer looks like anymore. Getting tired of Windows more and more.

Miracles can still happen! :innocent: DOpus for Linux! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

StartAllBack + Opus makes Windows 11 like Windows 7++. I never see any MS bloat now.

1 Like

I could forgive Microsoft many things but not the removing of Aero. I did not find any 3rd party replacement of this feature.

1 Like

StartAllBack can give you an aero taskbar and start menu. There are some apps floating around that can do aero window borders as well.

1 Like

I've tried some of them with Windows 8 but I was disappointed. Some "aero-like" elements was inconsistent with rest of GUI (even in precinct of the same window).

I'd add that the support from Jon and Leo is stellar also. I'm not sure Leo ever sleeps.

7 Likes

Well,
One of these could easily be changed to DO or LD .
They were taken on Lake Michigan's Rock Island in June of 2000 with a Sony Mavica, hence no Exif data. They could use a little adjustment.

I doubt Directory Opus was on the artists' mind at the time though.

cheers and ditto! i love dopus!

its makes me wish i learned about scripting and coding 20 years ago! haha.
but none the less its awesome.
and becuase of it im learning new dorky-fun computer tricks all the time recently.

:heart_eyes:

furthermore.... i spend, probably, too much time watching lots of tech youtubers.... im SHOCKED!!! flabbergasted and in awe at.... how many of them... near 95% are using File Explorer!

::gag::
omg how do they survive being famous tech dorks, with millions of followers, using Explorer??? LOLOL :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

i don't get it! how? how? seriously! there's no excuse for that! haha

i discovered Dopus in 2020 when i dropped the laptops and built a bad ass computer, so im still a newbie. for the 2010s i used FreeCommander most the time. its free and ran good on cheap laptops.

there's no going back from dopus!

KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK DEVELOPERS, KNOW ITS APPRECIATED! :tada: :tada: :tada:

3 Likes

The only person in the whole world, that could get more out of Windows Explorer than from Dopus, would be Chuck Norris. But then again, why would he ever need a computer in the first place?