Multi-monitor DOpus

I know this has been covered in another thread (resource.dopus.com/viewtopic.php ... light=span), but I do not see why DOpus cannot be made to work with something like an nVidia card and the nVidia desktop manager.
My understanding is that if I configure my PC so that the taskbar spans both screens, then so will DOpus. And if I tell Windows not to span, and treat them as different screens (rather than one big one) DOpus won't span.
BUT...
I have spanning on, because I like the taskbar to span both screens, and I have configured the nVidia desktop manager to limit applications to a single screen only... and this works for all my applications except DOpus.
So by my logic, DOpus must be doing something that is bypassing what most other apps do.
How can I have a spanned desktop, yet limit DOpus to one screen only when I maximise it?
Please help.
:cry:

I've seen the Matrox equivalent of nVidia Desktop Manager cause problems with a couple of other apps, but you are right that it's rare.

It probably won't make a difference, but does turning on WindowBlinds Compatibility mode help?

If you just want the taskbar on both monitors, have you tried using Ultramon or MultiMon? They give you a taskbar on each monitor without the graphics drivers lying to the OS about there only being one big screen (which is what confuses Opus).

I think they'll also give you just the apps on each desktop in their respective taskbars, which is often nicer than having one big taskbar with the apps from both screens jumbled up.