Need help with appearance of DO 11 since reinstalling

Yesterday I had to uninstall and reinstall Diretory Opus 11 because it crashed. Since reinstalling it, there are some differences in the appearance which I am not happy with. I have managed to get most things back to how they were before, by going through the Preferences menu but there are 2 things which I can't seem to change.

1. The size of the text of the whole display is much too small. If I try to change the resolution I get a warning that this is not the ideal resolution, and anyway it doesn't look right. If I try zooming in by using Ctrl and the scroll button of my mouse, only the right-hand column of the pane will zoom in. I need the whole thing larger, and the same size overall.

2. When I open a folder, all the files are listed under different category headings, e.g. pdf files, word documents etc. This never happened before. What I need is for all the files to be listed as a simple alphabetical list.

I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

1. Font sizes can be set under Preferences / Display / Colors and Fonts.

2. Right-click the column header and turn off grouping via that menu.

Then save it as the default (see Folder Formats: Quick Guide).

Thank you, Leo - you're an absolute star! I'd been wrestling with this for hours! It's now back how I want it, and I'm delighted.