Reinstall question DO 10.5

Aloha. My old machine died and I now have a new computer. I have a clone of the old drive available but since my new machine is Windows 8.1 and the old one was Windows 7, I am reinstalling on the new machine. I did not have a current backup of my preferences (I have several old ones but they are really old). Are there certain files I can copy from my Windows 7 clone drive to the new Windows 8.1 drive in order to have all my old preferences? I can access the App Data from the clone along with other files and would prefer not to start over from scratch setting up on the new drive. I hope I am making sense of what I wish to do. Thanks for any assistance you can offer me. Otherwise I guess it's "start over" time. Bill T in Hawaii

The C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus structure contains all your settings. You should be able to copy this from your clone. I suggest your fully exit Opus, rename your W8 structure top level folder from Directory Opus to (e.g.) DOpus, copy the w7 Directory Opus structure across, and start Opus.

Regards, AB

Also see How to backup or locate your Opus configuration (Simple) and How to backup or locate your Opus configuration (Advanced).

AB---Many thanks for your quick response. Everything worked perfectly. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jon---Thanks to you also. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: