Selecting files

I want to be able to click and hold on one file and then drag down the list highlighting more files.
I have figured out how to do it the windows way using the right mouse button but I hate doing it that way.
Is there a way to do it?
I also wanted to have a full row select so that you don't have to clik on the filename. if you have a 1 or 2 charature name, you have to click on teh name , clicking to th eright of it does nothing.
If I can get these 2 things working, it will be perfect for me.

Full Row Select can be turned on via Preferences or via the option in the Folder menu (near the top-right on the default toolbars).

To change the way the mouse buttons behave, use Power Mode and the Power Mode Buttons Preferences page.

Im sorry but I don't see power mode or the full row select.

You can find the power mode in your default "menu" toolbar. It's in the "display modes" dropdown menu on the right side. For the full row selection, have a look in -> settings -> preferences -> file display modes -> details -> file selection/highlighting style.

Thanyou. I figured out the full row but still cant get select more files to work with left mouse button. I tried all settings and non work. I dont use a keyboard and that is why I need to do it this way. Right now I have to click 1 file and do what I need to do and it takes to long to do 100 files 1 at a time.

You could use the range selection in the power mode, which involves the shift key, if that helps. If you hold down the shift key, you can select a whole range of files using the arrow keys.

I don't use a keyboard at all so that doesn't help

Did you switch to power mode?

Yes

No matter what I do it wants to drag the file and I want it to select more files

Make sure you're dragging up or down rather than to the side.

If it still doesn't work go to Settings / File Display Modes / Power Mode Buttons and reset the page to the defaults.

Didn't change anything. I have drag and drop disabled but it still seems to do drag.
This is frustrating.

What are your Power Mode Buttons settings at the moment?

Are you definitely still in Power Mode? Check it hasn't changed back to Details Mode. The change would only be temporary unless it was saved as the new default folder format.

left button select only and all drag and drop is disabled
right button is context menu (select)
Middle button inline rename.
I don't use the right and middle.
I never saw anything that puts it in powermode but in details there is nothing selected and in power mode I have always highlight full row.
I have tried every setting in the power mode and nothing changes.

In windows explorer you can use the left mouse and highlight a block but you have to be ouside the text field then move in the text fied and highlight what you want but that is not what I want.
I have been using Magellan explorer for many years and lost my licence and I can't get it back as they no longer support the product.
In Magellan you can click a file and hold then move the pointer down the list and highlight more files as it moves. It is to me more acurate and easier.
In dopus, it wants to drag. I can't seem to stop draging , I call that a sticky pointer and I don't want sticky. :slight_smile:

"Select Only" should do what you want, as long as you're in Power Mode.

Make sure you drag down and not left, right or diagonally, to avoid initiating drag & drop.

So you haven't switched to Power Mode? The Power Mode options only affect that one mode; they have no effect on Details, Thumbnails or any other mode.

To switch the current folder tab into Power Mode, use View > Power Mode in the default toolbars. (Note that it may change back to Details Mode if you change folders. Just switch modes and see if the mouse is behaving as you want first, then worry about that.)

To make Power Mode the default all the time, see Folder Formats: Quick Guide.

Opus also behaves like that by default, but if it's not what you want then we don't need to spend time on it.

Ok I have it working I better save everything and back it up because this program has way to much stuff in it and I have no idea what half of it is.

Thankyou for all your help and sorry for being a pain in the ass.

Good thing for you that it has stuff that I have no idea what it is though!