Tip: Another one use mouse gestures for Directory Dopus - StrokesPlus.Net

For the first, thanks slowave and milly, because of them, i try the mouse gestures apps. However, my experience with it was not quite satisfactory.
So i look for more and meet StrokesPlus.net. The one that satisfies me.
You can find it here. ↓

free to use in personal and professional environments without limitation. sync your configuration settings with account between multiple computers.

JavaScript is the language used for scripts, however ClearScript creates a bridge between the JavaScript and the built-in functions, including much of the .NET Framework.

And S+(short for StrokesPlus.net) support Portable Version!!!!
This is the most important for me! :rofl:

Let's start to use:

1. StrokesPlus.net requires a minimum Windows 7 SP1 and .NET Framework 4.8. so make sure you are WIN10 or WIN7 with .NET Framework 4.8.
  2. Download and unzip S+. (Since i'm using WIN7, so i use the WIN7 portable v0.4.1.2.)
  3. Double click StrokesPlus.net.exe, double click the S+ icon in system tray to open the Config. After initialization once u can right-click on it or click it to enable / disable S+.
  4. Click the Applications-- Right-click on the blank area on the far left.Add Applications -- name it DOpus or you like it.
  5. Left-click DOpus -- look at right, App Definition, click it -- in Module Name (EXE),type dopus.exe -- look down, enable □Active.
  6. Look up, click Action List -- right-click General -- Add Action -- name it Close current window
  7. Look at right, click the X under the Gesture, -- choose one u like to use or add new one. This time, i use the Triangle.
  8. Look down, click Script, copy and paste these codes:

var dopwin = (action.Window.Process.MainModule.FileName).replace(/(\dopus).exe/, "$1rt.exe");
sp.Run('"' + dopwin + '" /cmd Close')

1. Look at right-down, click Apply or OK , and the mouse gesture setting is done.

Note:
If you click OK, the Config will be closed, if you are not done setting yet, it's better to click the Apply.
The best thing about using Script is that you don't have to worry about S+ throwing errors or prompting that dopusrt.exe file cannot be found.

Note: If you don't like use Script, you can use Steps to do it.

1. Click Steps -- click Insert step -- look right Command -- click All Categories -- Utility and under it, choose Run.
  2. At the Enter Or Select Value, type(change the path if your dopus not installed there.):
		"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Close
  1. Look at right-down, click Apply or OK , and the mouse gestures setting is done.

Note: If you want to use other command, for example:/cmd Close just simply change the the Close into Go TABCLOSE or Go up.

Here are some commands that i used, you can find more in https://docs.dopus.com or just search https://resource.dopus.com

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Close
    Close the current window.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go TABCLOSE
    Close the current tab.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go TABSELECT +1
    Switch to the tab on the right.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go TABSELECT -1
    Switch to the tab on the left.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go REFRESH
    Refresh the current tab.

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go up
    Go up one level

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go newtab=default
    Open a new tab. (My current setting is to duplicate the current tab)

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go back
    Go back one entry in history

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go FORWARD 
     Go forward one entry in history

"C:\Program Files\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\dopusrt.exe" /cmd Go TABUNDOCLOSE
    Restore the last closed tab. (Can only restore one)

Note: Here are some suggestions for settings that can improve your user experience.

1. You can train multiple gestures in one, click Gestures -- click Add or Train Gesture -- draw similar gestures and name them with the same name.

2. Click left-top Global Actions -- Action List, delete all, you can use the keyboard Delete to do it. unlees you enjoy mouse gestures everywhere.

3. Applications -- Delete Chrome / Excel / Windows Desktop if you don't need them.

4. Options -- General-- Ignore Key, when enable keys are active, like pressing ctrl, even you draw gesture it won't work.
    -- Cancel Delay (ms) : 1000
    this setting means, when you right-click, if you move in 1s, it resets the countdown until you stop moving for more than 1s, and then the mouse gesture ends. If you want to open right-click menu, just right-click it and don't move. usually i set it to 100, I don't need so much time to draw it.
    -- Draw Gesture, untick it you won't see the mouse trail drawing
    -- Rocker Support, untick it, doesn't affect my use of it.
    -- Always Activate Window Where Gesture Began, untick it, i don't remember what it use for, but untick it also doesn't affect my use of it.

5. Options -- Hints -- □ Use Fast Matching enable it. with enough Gestures, it won't let u down.
    -- □ Show Hints, untick it, you won't see the name of gesture that match your darw.

6. Options -- Advanced -- tick □Only Allow Defined Apps, this could make sure it only work with the specified application.
    --□Enable Recognition on Mouse Wheel Scroll, untick it, if you don't use mouse wheel to trigger.
    --□Relay Gesture on No Match, untick it. when no match gesture comes out, this option will draw the gesture again to let you see the gesture.
    --□Relay Gesture on Timeout, same like No Match.
    --□Disable Capture on Full Screen Windows tick it.

Because I put StrokesPlus.net folder in dopus installed folder, so i also create a button in dopus to run S+.

Make a folder name #third_part_program in dopus installed folder. and put S+ in it.

The dopus side setting:

Right-click Toolbar area -- Customize -- right-click the blank of Toolbar area -- NEW, NEWBUTTON -- double click the NEWBUTTON ↓

Label: Run StrokesPlus
Description: Run Strokesplus.net
Funtion definition -- Type -- Standard Funtion (Opus or external):

//check is the StrokesPlus.net.exe running?
@ifrunning:StrokesPlus.net.exe

//if yes, then message box to tell.
dopusrt /argsmsgbox StrokesPlus.net.exe Already running!

//if not.↓
@ifrunning:else

//run S+, **if you put S+ in other folder, change the path and point to it.↓
dopusrt /cmd "{alias|home}#third_part_program\StrokesPlus.net_Portable_0.4.1.2\StrokesPlus.net.exe"

dopusrt /argsmsgbox StrokesPlus.net.exe now is running!

And one more recommend app: RestartViaManager.
Know it from Leo.

Put it in the same #third_part_program folder, you can restart the dopus by a new button with ↓:

dopusrt /cmd "{alias|home}#third_part_program\RestartViaManager\RestartViaManager.exe" "{alias|home}dopus.exe" QUIET
dopusrt /cmd "{alias|home}#third_part_program\RestartViaManager\RestartViaManager.exe" "{alias|home}dopusrt.exe" QUIET

And that's all of it, hope you can enjoy it~ :laughing:

1 Like