Two issues

So there's a difference between "tooltips" and "InfoTips"? I ask because you mention tooltips cannot be turned off in the folder tree but obviously InfoTips can be turned off in the folder tree. I would imagine if you can turn off InfoTips in a folder tree then turning off tooltips in a folder tree should work the same way?

I just expressed my frustration and in no way did I ever think these posts would magically solve it now that I know it can't be done. But I could care less how others feel about it. I know that FOR ME it's stupid not to have the option.

Saying that you think the current behavior is "stupid" is also unlikely to result in a change being made :slight_smile:... I'd stop worrying about distinguishing between "tooltips" and "InfoTips", the popup you're seeing is completely different than the "InfoTips" that people were first suggesting you modify before it became clear you were talking about the folder tree.

I think you can just simply trail off in this thread officially requesting for the folder name popup in the tree to be 'optional'.

@Jon / Greg / Leo / Steve, with the forum now being an "official" avenue of support, have you guys considered creating a specific sub-forum for "Feature Requests"? Just curious...

Separate sub-forums never work (we've tried them before) because people just ignore them and post wherever :slight_smile:

We tried a separate feature request forum in the past, but it doesn't work because people often ask for things that are already there without knowing (so they really want help using existing features, not to request new ones) or do the opposite and ask for help doing things that aren't possible yet. It just meant we ended up moving threads between the two areas all the time, for no real reason.

We read every thread anyway so it doesn't make any difference where things are posted. To be an 'official request' people just need to link their accounts (so their names turn pink).

...That too. We move questions out of the Downloads areas a lot, for example, even though they have all-caps stickies at the top saying that questions should go here in Help & Support instead of those areas.