Why does my dir opus use so much more resources all of a sudden?

I reinstalled my windows 10 last fall and ever since my directory opus experience has been a resource hog overload. I assume a new version was released in the late-summer or early fall that made some tiny little adjustment to something. Something that effects a guy like me who has 20.000 videos in a single folder tree. I can't pinpoint what exactly takes the extra CPU load but the trouble I'm having is when I enter a folder with say a 1500 videos it takes a whole long while to be able to, for example, change the sorting or do anything else. Also when I search for anything anywhere I need to type it in really fast or else the only the first letters are entered until it already launches into searching. Like when I need to search "tony" it might end up searching "to" though my whole catalog and spend literally a good 5-10 minutes just waiting for DO to become responsive enough to click X on the search box. In my last windows 10 install everything worked nice and smooth. My computer is Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge, 8gm ram, nvidia geforce gtx-1080 8gb. My windows is using pretty much the same settings.

If it wasn't always like that but started happening after a change was made to the computer, it's probably a shell extension or video codec causing the problem.

This guide has some detail on tracking down the cause:

If you link your account, you can also create a dump for us to look at during the high CPU usage which we can use to tell you what is using the CPU so much:

While it's happening, please go to Task Manager, then the Details tab, right-click dopus.exe and select Create Dump File.

Do that 4 or 5 times, and it should create something like:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\dopus.DMP
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\dopus (2).DMP
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\dopus (3).DMP
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\dopus (4).DMP
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\dopus (5).DMP

The files will be large, but compress well.

If sending more than one file, using the 7z format instead of zip will give a much reduced size. You can do this via the Archive Files button in Opus.

Please zip or 7z the files and email them to crashdumps@gpsoft.com.au (it's best not to post full dumps publicly to the forum).