.001 files being treated as archives

I double click on a .001 file which prior to 10.0.0.2.4151.x64 would open a program called JAS (Just Another Splitter). For some reason in the preferences section under 7z in DO there is an association for .000, .001 and .7z.

How do I remove the .000 and .001 file type from the 7z archive under Preferences:Archives & VWS Plugins in DO?

EDIT: I just realised there's a much easier way to do this:

[ul][li]Open Settings -> File Types[/li]
[li]Expand File Type Groups and double-click Archives[/li]
[li]Remove .001 from the list of extensions.[/li][/ul]

Original suggestion from before the edit:

[quote]The easiest thing to do (if you don't want to disable 7z support) is open Settings -> File Types, edit the .001 type and set its left double-click event to run:

FileType ACTION=open

Like this:

[/quote]

Sorry you are not following what I am saying. The File Type is set properly to open JAS. It's the preferences under the archive plugins section that's messed up and there is no option in the "configure" section to change the associated file types. This is somehow set in DO. It is not set in 7zip nor in the file types setup.

I understood exactly what you were saying. What I suggested would solve the problem. Did you try it?

Sorry. My bad! When I first read through it I didn't pick up on the fact that we were setting the "left dblclick" as opposed to the "open". I read it too fast.

It does work but I don't really understand why setting the "left dblclick" event has precedence over the plug-in while the "open" action seems to be ignored.
I'm gonna do a screen print and save it with the installation file because it's not intuitive to me and my memory unlike my computer's is showing signs of aging. lol

Thanks for your help!

The things on the Actions tab (Open, etc.) are part of the Windows file types, and system-wide. Anything specific to Opus, like archive plugins, can override them within Opus.

The things on the Events tab (Left Double-Click, etc.) are specific to Opus and override everything else within Opus. Allowing you to override things in Opus without affecting the rest of the system is part of why they exist. (Another part is allowing you to customize what happens when you hold Shift and double-click, etc.)

I just realised there's a much easier way to do this:

[ul][li]Open Settings -> File Types[/li]
[li]Expand File Type Groups and double-click Archives[/li]
[li]Remove .001 from the list of extensions.[/li][/ul]

No....I need it to be associated to JAS.exe that would deactivate it.

Damn I did it again. I didn't read what you wrote.

Now that makes sense. This is a whole new section that didn't use to exist.