10.0.5.2 BETA archive problems

I've found a problem where an RAR archive inside an RAR archive results in an endless loop of extracting the inner RAR archive into the user temp folder.

I have also found another possible problem dealing with nested ZIP archives. When opening the inner ZIP archive the contents are extracted to the temp folder and when you navigate back out (by going up) you end up in the temp folder rather than the archive. A bit disconcerting when you are expecting archives to act like folders. :confused:

I have reproduced this with both the 10.0.5.1 and 10.0.5.2 betas on Windows 7 x64 SP1.

Thanks. I have fixed that for 10.0.5.3. (I think that problem would only have happened in 10.0.5.2.)

That's normal. If you double-click a file in a zip then it will be extracted to a temp dir and then the default program or action launched on it. (Except in a few special cases. Mainly image files where the viewer knows how to read them directly from the archive.) In this case, the default action happens to be opening the extracted archive in Opus.

Other than the special case of tar archives (.tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .tbz, etc.), we do not have any special handling for nested archives.