11.16 Install Error

I am getting this error when trying to install the 11.16 update. Have tried this version on another machine and got the error message once but then the update installed OK. Have tried installing multiple times on my desktop computer and always get the message. Both computers are running 64 bit Windows 10.

Check that the installer downloaded correctly by verifying its digital signature (How to check for a corrupted installer or main program).

If the signature is incorrect, please download the installer again and check the new version. (You may need to clear your browser cache, if it keeps downloading an incomplete installer.)

It's also worth checking that your C:\ and temp folders haven't run out of space.

Anti-virus may also interfere with the installer at times, which may be logged by the a/v software if that is the case.

For safety sake I downloaded the installer again from the website even though the software had originally done the update download. Same result when running the install from the new website download.

Have you checked the signature? It may be being corrupted in transit.

I added some other suggestions to Jon's reply above, since we both replied at the same time. Just mentioning in case you didn't see the merged/edited version of the reply.

Yes, I checked the signature on both the update and web installs. Here's the info on the web install program.

It's also worth checking that your C:\ and temp folders aren't low on space.

Anti-virus may also interfere with the installer at times, which may be logged by the a/v software if that is the case.

Lots of disk space. I thought about the av issue before you had posted your reply and am happy to report that by turning off my Panda Gold 2016 and running the update by right-clicking on it and "Run as administrator" that the update completed successfully. Figured either av off or run as admin (even with an admin account) wouldn't hurt so did both.

Thanks for your help!