12.15.1 drag/drop copy/move to folder pane problem

Win 10 Pro x64 1809 plus up to date fixes.
ESET Nod32

On Dopus 12.15.1 if I left or right button click and hold on a file in the right-hand pane and try and drag it to a different folder in the left-hand (folder tree) pane, then I get error
"An error occured copying 'xxx.yyy'. The system cannot find the path specified. (3)"

If however I use copy (Ctrl-C), switch folders to the desired destination and then paste (Ctrl-V), there are no problems. Equally if I drag the file to a different tab, on either the same or different drive, then that works OK too.

To check if this was something with my system or setup, I installed 12.15 on a failry vanilla Win10 Pro x64 in VirtualBox. The drag/drop works fine. But if I then upgrade to 12.15.1, I get the same error as in the first paragraph.

I have tried rebooting several times. The VirtualBox has no anti-virus other than probably Win Defender, but I tried disabling Nod32 on my main system with no effect on the problem.

The problem does not exist if I try the same operation in Windows File Explorer.

As no-one else has reported this, I suspect there may be something odd about my system, but I can not think what it might be.

Thanks for any help you can suggest.

Roger

I have the same problem as the one who mentioned: 12.15.1 drag/drop copy/move to folder pane problem
Force to go back to version 12.15 that does not have this problem

Have you modified your default drag & drop action (e.g. in Settings / File types for All files or All files and folders what is set for Events / Drag-and-drop?)

Hi,

I have the same problem with 12.15.1
"An error occured copying 'xxx.yyy'. The system cannot find the path specified. (3)"

Thanks

Hi Jon,
I have not changed those settings for years (if ever?)
I am attaching a screen capture of the pages you reference.

Ok thanks, we've been able to reproduce this. Will be fixed in the next beta.
Thanks for the report!

2 Likes

Thanks Jon.

Roger

This is fixed in 12.15.2 beta.

Confirmed fixed. Thank you.

1 Like