12.4 will not update to 12.4.1 beta

I run two OSs on my desktop -- Win8.1 and Win10 Pro. When I run the DirOpus installer for v12.4.1 beta in Win10, it behaves like all the other updates did -- the window opens telling me that 12.4 is being updated to 12.4.1, I reboot the PC, I login to Win10 again, I open DirOpus, and I get the popup telling me about the Update. When I check the version in DirOpus, it shows it has been updated.

When I do the same in Win8.1, NONE of that happens. The installer window that opens does not say DirOpus is being updated. When I reboot and relogin to Win8.1, I do not get the popup window about any update. When I check the version in DirOpus, is does not show it as having been updated.

I am using the same downloaded DOpusinstall.exe file for both. The properties of the file say it is file version 12.4.1.0, product version 12.4.1 (Beta), date of 3/16/17 12:03 PM.

So, are you folks going to release a corrected version for Win8.1?

Please re-download the installer, and check the digital signature tab says 25th March (or later):

Also check "the signature is OK" appears when clicking the Details button, so you should see the same as in the above screenshot.

I checked the downloaded app and it said March 24th -- so I downloaded it again, this morning -- and this download also says March 24th. The info is: Signer: GP Software, signing time: Friday, March 24, 2017 11:02:17 PM. So, it looks like the app version in the link is not the latest version.

March 24th vs 25th is probably just a time-zone thing. That looks like the correct installer.

I recommend doing this on the machine where the update isn't working:

• Backup your Opus configuration, using Settings > Backup & Restore.
  • Uninstall Opus, using the usual Programs and Features control panel in Windows 8. (Apps & Features in Windows 10.)
    Note that uninstalling Opus will wipe the config, which is why we backed it up first.
  • Reboot.
  • Run the new installer.
  • Restore the config backup, using Settings > Backup & Restore.

If that still does not work, your antivirus may be blocking some of the new .exe or .dll files in the installer from being saved to disk, because it does not recognise them yet.

OK, did that -- and it installed OK! Thanks a lot.