12.8 (64 bit) thumbnails thread crash

Ever since updating Directory Opus Pro from 12.7 to 12.8 - 64 bit,it keeps crashing. Rebooting doesn't help.2018-05-03_13-33-12 If it uploaded correctly, you can see a screenshot of one of the error dialogs. How do I fix this? Are others having the same problem? Will a fix be coming?

Please send us the crash dumps for investigation.

Crashes in the dopus_thumbnails thread will usually be caused by something outside of Opus (e.g. if thumbnailing video files, the video codecs/splitters on the system become involved, and some of them have bugs that mean they crash on certain files).

The crash dumps will usually mean we can point to a particular component without you having to narrow it down (depending on the type of crash), and they'll also confirm whether the problem is in Opus or outside of it.

You asked for a crash dump. I'm uploading 7 dumps, all created since upgrading to 12.8.DOpus.Minidumps.zip (189.0 KB)

I've sent a private message with a fix for what looks like the main issue.

There may be a second problem, so if you still see problems, please try this as well, to test if another component is involved, or rule it out if it isn't involved:

• You only need to do this if you still run into problems.

• Download ShellExView and run it.

• If you scroll the list it displays to the right, there's a filename column. Look for C:\Program Files (x86)\Nuance\Nuance Cloud Connector\GIOverlayIcon.dll and ...\GIOverlayIconU.dll

• Right-click both and choose the option to disable them.

• Reboot and see if the problem remains.

• When done testing, you can re-enabled them in the same way.

I'm not certain those DLLs are causing a problem, but they were active during the thumbnail thread crash, and are involved when generating thumbnails, so it's worth checking. But the other crashes were due to a different problem in Opus 12.8 which I've sent a fix for.

i've got a similar problem - 12.8 64 bit

dopus.minidumps.zip (197.3 KB)

Please re-download the 12.8 installer. A fixed version is there now.