13.5 seems to leak memory

Installed 13.5 and just copied some files and extracted some zip files and it looks like that Dopus takes 24gb memory.

Also it takes over 2% cpu all the time

Is there any debug logs for Dopus?

1 Like

Memory leaks are usually caused by shell extensions or similar third-party components. How's how to track them down:

Dopus does not exist when do exit from menu. On three minutes Dopus takes 13GB memory and grows 1gb in 30 seconds.

I try to use vmmap64 but it crashes often due too much happening

Those pictures where captured when Dopus was running about 30 seconds, after 2 minutes VMMap crashes (Not responding)

Could you save the VMMap output and send it to us? (File > Save As, within VMMap, then zip the result.)

VMMAP always crashes when I try to save dump. Dopus makes lot sof Heap allocation . Like almos 1gb in minute. I have Dopus installed on another PC there is no any issues with that one. Most of the other programs and plugins are same on those computers.

I think the problem started when tried to find duplicates on C: drive on the problematic machine.

Also updated to 13.5.2 beta, did not help.

Try going to coll:// and deleting any collections which are there (assuming you don't need them).

If you have a collection containing tens of millions of files, it might cause a lot of memory usage (not a leak).

Deleting collection fixed the problem.

Thanks

Arsi

1 Like