4k Fullscreen playing with Gsync activated

Hello !

I upgraded my windows 10 with last creator update (Fall update 1709), and since, i am currently experiencing a problem while playing full screen 4K Videos (.mkv, .ts) with the embedded video player in dopus.

My screen is an asus PG278Q (2560x1440, 144hz), with Gsync capabilities (gsync set for fullscreen app/games only in nvidia control panel)

Using the embedded player, based on WMP, videos are very jerky with stuttering ... (no problem in windowed mode, or with all other vids (1920x1080, and lower...etc) ...please notice that problem occur only when the control inferface of the WMP player (buttons, play, stop, etc.) disapears (i suppose that gsync is activated in this situation considering the full screen mode).

If I disable the gsync, the problem disappears, but directory opus is taking over windows interface, and any other application that i launch no longer benefits from the gsync mode (games, etc).

The problem is not present with externals players (mpc, vlc).

Thank you for your advice and possible setup helpl. i'm really happy with directory opus, it changed my way working with windows 10

Sorry for my english not so perfect

If you're using Windows Media Player inside the viewer pane then Opus itself isn't really involved in how the videos are played or sent to the screen.

It will be down to Windows Media Player, Windows itself, and NVidia's drivers (and possibly also any involved media splitters and decoders).

The previous Creators Update broke parts of NVidia's drivers until they were reinstated, so this could be another case of the same. Have you tried downloading and installing the latest NVidia drivers?

There are a couple of other video viewers that work in Opus which may not trigger the problem, but I would try the drivers first.

I use the latest drivers (387.92), i just clean the nvidia files/drivers, and reinstall it, without any success.

What do you mean by "other video viewers", can i change the embedded wmp viewer by another one ?

no problem with windows media player 12.0, stand alone viewer in my w10 version, same as used in embeded with dopus, i will look furthermore in any bad setting in my dopus cfg

Ok, i found a solution.

In Windows media player options, i have to select "show buttons interface in full screen" (as soon as buttons interface disapear, stuttering begin immediatly in case of dopus wmp embedded viewer)

ok for me, thanks for your help.

1 Like