A few things

I'm a newly converted DOpus user, and I love the program! I can't believe I lived without it (and didn't even know about it!) for so many years.

I have one configuration question and two issues to discuss; I thought I'd collect them into one post rather than three.

1. Is there a way to configure dopus such that a ctrl+left-click in the folder tree will open the selected folder in a new tab?

2. Vista SP1 only: I'm having problems with the drag-and-drop cursor losing it's status; a simple test is to right-click and drag a file into the toolbar such that the cursor changes to a circle with a line through it (indicating the drag operation is not supported), and then drag back into the folder display. On my system, the cursor stays as a circle with a line through it, and does not reset like I think it should.

3. Vista SP1 only: I'm having problems right-clicking and dragging from a FTP site directly to my desktop. When I do this, the file copy starts OK but then it aborts part way in. If I right-click the same file and select 'download' from the menu, or drag to a different location, it works OK. Maybe this is related to virtual folder operation, I don't know. The error I get from the DOpus output is:
    "426 Transfer aborted. Operation not permitted"

Thank you for any information you can provide!

Regards,

Jens

Actually, the people running things here really appreciate it if you restrict your posts to one issue only, so you should actually have written 3 posts. :slight_smile:

I believe this is also mentioned in the FAQ which is recommend reading if you haven't done so.

As for your questions:

1. I don't think you can add custom commands to the tree. Alt+LeftDblClick is tied to open in new tab by default, but that only seems to work in the lister and not in the tree.

2,3. I don't have Vista so can't help you there.

Regards,
Anakha

You can do that easily in the file display but not in the folder tree. In the folder tree you can't use double-click events. You can use the right-click context menu, a toolbar button or a hotkey, though.

On my machine the problem seems more simple: Opus always seems to show the no-drag (circle with a line through it) cursor when dragging with the right mouse button. I've sent a report to GPSoftware.

[quote]3. Vista SP1 only: I'm having problems right-clicking and dragging from a FTP site directly to my desktop. When I do this, the file copy starts OK but then it aborts part way in. If I right-click the same file and select 'download' from the menu, or drag to a different location, it works OK. Maybe this is related to virtual folder operation, I don't know. The error I get from the DOpus output is:
"426 Transfer aborted. Operation not permitted"[/quote]

I see the same thing. Looks like either Opus or Explorer (which is handling the drop since it's on to the Desktop) is timing out or cancelling the transfer. I've reported this to GPSoftware as well.

Thanks for checking into this, glad to see I'm not the only one.
Regards,
Jens