A script add-in to configure the attribute column

A few days ago, another attribute was added to the attribute string, with the result that my now-lengthened attributes column is populated with sad-looking entries such as ----... and -a--... The last time this happened, I changed all my formats to accommodate the extra width, but this took a lot of time, and in any case, the attributes string is now using too much real estate. I have therefore written a very simple script add-in that just displays the r, h, and s attributes, which are all I need.

The column heading is 'Att' (shorter than 'Attr'), but it can be changed. The default column width is 28 pixels, but that can be changed. The attributes that are displayed can be changed. All these changes are done by opening the script as a text file and editing the 'User-configuration' section at the very start, following the instructions there.

Microsoft's account of all the various attributes is at:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/gg258117(v=vs.85).aspx
(For some reason it fails to record that 2^3 is 'a disk drive volume label; attribute is read-only' — Stanek Bible.)

INSTALLATION:
Download the add-in below. Then open Preferences --> Toolbars --> Scripts, and drag the file into the right-hand panel.

Once the add-in is installed, the usual 'Attr' column can be replaced by the script 'Att' column in lister panels, or formats, or tabgroups, or layouts, in the usual ways.

Version 1.0 21/04/17
ChooseColumnAttributes.js.txt (5.6 KB)