A Silent Opus

Now that I have finally registered here, I want to ask a question that has been bugging me for 2-3 years now.

Why did Directory Opus go mute?? :cry:

Before anyone refers to it, yes, I now about the Sounds plug-in, but the plug-in is faulty in that not only does it copy wave files all over one's system (to both DOpus' %APPDATA% directory and also its install directory), but it doesn't actually restore old DOpus v.6's original sound scheme--it only provides the wave files for the user to clumsily to it himself.

Now, I'm not artistically inclined. Sad, but true. Picking backgrounds, color schemes, sound schemes, icons--whatever--is always a nightmare for me, and the day I upgraded to DOpus v8 was a sad day for me because, again, I lost my sounds.

So, again, just as a matter of curiosity, why did you guys abandon your sounds?

Most people complained about them :slight_smile:

Well, I must admit that at first, I, too, thought the sound scheme was, for lack of a better word, a little corny; but over time, it's like one's eccentric uncle: it's all his particularities that make him so endearing. :slight_smile:

Okay, I was just wondering. Thanks!

I admit to the same eccentricity.

I came to rely on the audible cues to confirm the various actions, and found it quite useful. C'est la vie...

It doesn't take long to set them up again.

True, Leo...

But somehow, I was never able to get back to the same set of sounds I had with v6, which I had become used to.

I know. Picky! Picky! Picky! :smiley: