Accessing context menu with hotkey

Hello All, I hope you can help me! As of yesterday I'm testing Dopus to see if should I use it instead of TC, which I also just started testing a few weeks ago. I'm totally new to the entire concept of file managers, but Windows Explorer was driving me crazy and in the past few weeks I've tested at least a half dozen programs. So far the main selling points of Dopus for me are the undo function and the extensive color and layout options for the display.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to make a hotkey to show the context menu for the selected item! I tried assigning the function "ContextMenu" but it didn't work. I have a feeling that function is something else entirely and way over my head, because I read the section of the manual on Context Menus and I had no clue what it meant. The jargon went right past me.

I do realize that I can use Alt + F to access the context menu through the ListerMenu, but I'd like to have a custom hotkey and ideally I'd like to be able to use Dopus without displaying any toolbars like ListerMenu.

This must be really easy to achieve!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Mike

Does your keyboard have a context menu key? If so you can just push that. (It's normally between the right Windows and the right Ctrl key.)

Wow, it does! I never noticed that button before! Amazing! Thanks! And it works correctly in Dopus! That's a great solution, but I'm still super curious about the general solution for hotkeys. I had grown accustomed to using Ctrl + Enter as the hotkey for the context menu in TC. It seems logical to me since Enter opens a file and Alt + Enter gives properties.

Thanks again!
Mike

Shift-F10 can also be used instead of the context menu key (this is defined by Windows).

I don't think there's a command in Opus to open the context menu. Since there's no command you can't create a new hotkey.

The ContextMenu command is for something slightly different:

create a shotcut using this js code to send Shift-F10

function OnClick(clickData)
{
	var myObject = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
	myObject.SendKeys("+{F10}");
}

Thank u very much, the script work just as I what i need