Add Dropbox items to Dopus context menu

I've recently started to use Dropbox. It creates a few different context menu options to the standard Windows context menu and I'd like to add it to my custom context menu. How do I that?

I've used nirsoft's shellexview to view some context menu items for it (shown below) but I'm not sure how to work with it.

There are two changes that I see. First is the [move to dropbox] link shown below:

The other one... and it's more valuable to me... is the one that shows up when you right click on a file within the dropbox folder. How do I add all of these to my menu... and can it be aware to only show up within the dropbox folder?

If you add the following command to your context menu (e.g. on All files and folders) it will put back the Dropbox menu items. Dropbox itself decides whether to actually show them or not so they'll still only appear inside the Dropbox folder.

FileType CONTEXTMENU {ECD97DE5-3C8F-4ACB-AEEE-CCAB78F7711C} CONTEXTFORCE

1 Like

Thanks, that worked.

HJi, can you explain to me how to add this command ? i have the same problem with Dropbox context menu not appearing and i have absolutely no idea of how you do that ???

1 Like

Quick info...

2023-12-07 - 10.02.08 - D

... and here's a tutorial:

Thanks for taking your time to help me. I tried but unfortunately it does not help to make the dropbox context menu goes back.

Have you tried uninstalling/installing Dropbox? A few days ago Dropbox was updated on my system and acted like a new install. I needed to go through the entire setup process again. Maybe it's something similar in your case.

Yes, i did that already... It's a shame because sharing a link straight to dropbox is a feature i use often... also the ability to keep files online or local by a sumple click...

Yes.

The good news: Opus lets you lift commands from Dropbox' context menu.

How?

:one: Pick a file/folder in Dropbox.

:two: Run

ContextMenu SHOWCMDS

2023-12-07 - 15.29.26 - Apps__(CTC2206_-12.33-_Mv12.33.0.stockDOPUS)

on it.

:three: Pick the entry you want from the list. The entries in the red box are probably all from Dropbox.

:four: Copy Command.

:five: Paste the command into a button or add as a context menu.

:six: Repeat for all entries.

ahah, i'm already stuck at step 2.... Don't know how to run a command, i tried Tools/ CLI, Tools/ Powershell, right click....
Sorry, i'm totally dumb

EDIT : OK, found it finally, had to go to 'Opus CLI' and deactivate the command interpretor in Jscript...

Thank you
Can't manage to add a context menu in 'All file and folders' (it opens an error popup saying 'Application not found') but creating a button works.
Not the best practice, but anyway it works.
thank you

will try to find how to make it work as a context menu now.

You picked the wrong type. Needs to be "Run an Opus function". Like here.

1 Like

The Find-as-you-type Field is the easiest:

https://www.gpsoft.com.au/help/opus12/index.html#!Documents/Findasyoutype_Field.htm

OMG i'm stupid :upside_down_face:

Thank for all your help !

I wonder, why running the command

ContextMenu SHOWCMDS

does nothing in my DO13, latest beta.

I'm starting with
and after pressing ENTER, nothing happens.

Any idea why I don't see the "Context Menu Commands" as @lxp posted above?

Did you select a file?

1 Like

That's it! Thanks for this!