Add Files to Copy/move Queue

HI.

When you copy/move Files/Directorys From A to B the Copy/Move Progress WIndow appears. Now durring the Progress you see that you want to copy/move some other directorys/files to the same place.
And to not create a seccond Copy/move process you drag and drop the files in the allready existing progress window and they get addet to the copy/move queue too.

Now there's an idea no one has ever suggested before...

:slight_smile:

Hello
For doing this i use a little freeware called picky basket with another called supercopier. supercopier alone is sufficient but coupled with picky basket it is more efficient

I think that it works well as temporary solution by waiting for a function integrated into opus

[quote="jon"]Now there's an idea no one has ever suggested before...

:slight_smile:[/quote]

That hurt. :wink:

But: The more-than-once-requested copy-queue wasn't "invented" as a usability feature but meant to greatly enhance the performance of parallel copy operations. For me, now it is a usability feature since I tend to start five or six operations just to pause them once started. Then I am forced to closely monitor the percentage of the running copy operation so I don't miss the optimal time to restart the next one. Appalling.

[quote="jon"]Now there's an idea no one has ever suggested before...

:slight_smile:[/quote]

Even if it isn't a new idea, it is still a good one that has yet to be implemented.

I think the point is that it's already on the to-do list and doesn't need suggesting again and again. I'm sure the feature will come in time but it's not something that can be added overnight in a minor update.

The only useful thing people can do at this stage is come up with ideas on exactly how it should work and discuss such things in one of the many existing threads ont he subject.