Cue/Pause File Operations

I'd like to see cue and pause functionality in the copy/move/delete opeations (maybe as new subcommands).

TC does this now and it is indispensable when doing multiple mass file operations. If I have several copy/move/delete dialogs open in DO and the system grinds to a halt, I don't see a way to prioritize operations. Pause and cue would solve this.

And I'd like people to read the notices on this site and search before posting. :unamused:

[url]Add Files to Copy/move Queue]
[url]Sync Pairs (or maybe Sync Queues or Copy Queues)]
[url]Copy/Move Queueing]
[url]Automatic Copy Queue]

It's been requested LOTS of times, as a quick search for "copy queue" would have revealed. I would guess that it's in the official request database (file requests via GPSoftware's support pages to make them official) - no idea if it will ever be implemented though.

Thanks for the links tanis.

BTW. I guess I deserved the slap but... I am not a nubie at this stuff and did do a search on the keywords in my post title... either nothing showed or I missed it.

Hello Maynard,

Yes Maynard.
The DOpus Pause works well enough ??

@Tanis

Well, there IS the option building a Dual-Core CPU system !

Regards,
Porcupine

You were searching for cue which is not the same thing as a copy queue :slight_smile:

You can pause copies by clicking the Pause button, provided you've set Opus to use the "full" progress dialog via Preferences.

Thanks guys.

I did not know you could pause an operation already. You dialog humbled me.

Re the cue vs. queue thing... I'm an audio engineer so I'm thinking of cue in those terms. You're right. :blush:

Ah - I was thinking you might have been a snooker or pool player. :slight_smile:

tasnnis wrote:

Snooker No. Pool Yes, but my beer bill precludes me from partaking of the establishments wares. And I can't play pool sober so what's the point eh? :laughing:

Speaking of sober... I'm must be a blind idiot as I cant seem to locate the preferefencees he spoke of here to enable Pause funcitonality.

nudel wrote:

I can;t find the damn thing.

Cheers
Maynard

Muchos Gracias Amigo.

Pause is great... but queing would be excellent.

Similar to how most ftp programs operate. The ability to send to queue, instead of hitting the pause button would be good. Often you keep finding mroe and more files to transfer as u go along, and it would be good to just add them to the end of the queue or have the option to if u see the transfers slow down.

Queuing is already on the to-do list. Lots of people have asked for it, it's just a matter of time.

I don't think how queuing will work is set in stone yet so feel free to discuss different ideas.