Adding "Exif user comment" metadata panel

Hello, when using F9 together with F7, i would love to see a meta data, called Exif user comment.
unfortunatly it's not there by default. i'm actually using directory opus 13 beta, so don't know if this request is more suited here or in the DO 13 Beta discussion topic.

i tried to find a place to change or add some specific metadata but failed in the preference or anywhere else. any tips for that ? this feature is already amazing (having file browser + picture display F7 + F9, but I need to have access to this data.

as well, the data in the user comment, are displayed in a bad way, so was searching if there was a way in DO to as well, like separate them, and display them as different Metadata lines.

almost a same request is available here, so just searching a way to at least add this exif info to the F9 panel ! Thanks !

i installed the tooltip provided, it's great, but i don't know the "word" to put to see if it's possible to display the picture / user comment from the EXIF, help please ! thanks !

It's not appearing under the existing Description or Comment fields, or similar?

What do you use to set it on a file?

Nope, it's the Ai Software, Easy Diffusion which record his prompts and other model Ai informations in what it seems to be Exif.photo.usercomment. i tried to find some software who can deal with it, but only found a few, and it's done in a way that's it's not very "usuable". Xnview (but i use faststone viewer..) do it, a small open source software can do it :

here is a screen catpure of where it record the data. only way in window to see it, is in
right click on the file, properties (windows) -> details if there was a way to add this to DO , it would be AMAZING ! I tried using the tooltips idea to display it and tried to put in the code usercomment, exif.photo.usercomment etc, but didn't worked too. Having it in the F9 panel would be amazing !

so any possibility to add this option in the metadata panel ? (i hope !).

You should be able to add it using ExifTool Custom Columns

If nothing other than the Windows Properties dialog displays the field, it seems like it'd be better to move it into another field, else it's still going to be a problem in every other program. (Either by asking the people who make the tool to change it, or batch processing the files with something like ExifTool.) But if that isn't an option, the ExifTool Custom Columns add-in should let you add almost any field to Opus.

Thanks !

I'll give it a try ! often the metadata once processed by a software are erased on a picture, was trying to find a simple way to copy these lost metadata from the original picture to the modified one but not luck yet for that.

i already told to the devs this issue i think, but i'll re-tell them, thanks for the tip !

1 Like

I'm not an expert on ExifTool, but I bet it can do that. Assuming it can, it could be run via an Opus button to automate things. The hard part would be working out the command-line syntax to make it do what you want.

I see, one of my close friend is a Dev, i'll maybe ask him help. for now my difficulties is to find the script addins page in Do 13 beta lol. did it changed from the emplacement, i don't find it in Preference / Toolbars :
i installed the script in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\GPSoftware\Directory Opus\Script AddIns

relaunched the software, then trying to find the script option page since 1 hour lol. script in the search field lead to no result.

sorry to bother you :frowning:

It's accessed via here now:

If your toolbars need updating and you don't want to reset them entirely, you can drag the menu items to your toolbars from Settings / Customize / Default Toolbars:

1 Like

Hoo cool !!! thanks !!

1 Like