Adobe Illustrator thumbnail /viewer

Im looking for a plug in that would allow the viewer panel and or thumbnail icon to show the .ai file for adobe illustrator files. I could not find an option for the .ai file.

thanks
marcos

[quote]
marcos wrote:
Im looking for a plug in that would allow the viewer panel and or thumbnail icon to show the .ai file for adobe illustrator files. I could not find an option for the .ai file.

thanks
marcos[/quote]

I agree. It would be perfect!

I agree. AI / EPS viewer. This would be great to see!

I think at least one of AI/EPS gets displayed for thumbnails if shell image extraction is turned on. (Only thing I have installed that I can think of which may be providing the thumbnails is Photoshop as I don't have Illustrator.) I might be wrong but I'm sure I've seen thumbnails for a vector art file.

In theory the ActiveX plugin could be made to handle both formats in the viewer but in practice it can be a real pain trying to work out what's stopping it from working already (especially without a copy of Illustrator to try with, but even then I'm stuck for time).

Hrmm ... well you're right, I think. When I went to a directory with both ai and eps files it displayed half of them. When I right-clicked and did a properties on them and then hit cancel though everything went to generic adobe illustrator icons instead of icons of the actual pics, which confuses me. Now I switch between details and thumbnails and they won't come back.

[quote="nudel"]I think at least one of AI/EPS gets displayed for thumbnails if shell image extraction is turned on. (Only thing I have installed that I can think of which may be providing the thumbnails is Photoshop as I don't have Illustrator.) I might be wrong but I'm sure I've seen thumbnails for a vector art file.

In theory the ActiveX plugin could be made to handle both formats in the viewer but in practice it can be a real pain trying to work out what's stopping it from working already (especially without a copy of Illustrator to try with, but even then I'm stuck for time).[/quote]

Does the same thing happen in Explorer?

No, they just show up as generic eps files.

I just checked in opus today and now every other thumbnail shows up as a control panel icon (the folder with the hammer and screwdriver on it). This happened in both details and thumbnails. When I switched away and went back (alt-tab) I did a refresh and now everything shows up as dps generic icons like explorer does.

Not sure what's going on but I'd love to have a vector image viewer plug of some sort, at least for eps and ai files.

Am I right in deducing that an Adobe Illustrator viewer plug-in has yet to be produced for DOpus?

That seems a bit strange, in my opinion. :open_mouth: :question:

Feel free to write one!