Advanced_ Rename v3 need help installing

Hi fellow DO'ers,

I have the file v3 of Advanced Rename by Fred and wish to instal it, I have win7 and DO v10 already installed but I am a novice and so I am stuck initially with the batch file that needs to be modified. :cry:

Hopefuly with a bit more info I will be able to instal the rest. :stuck_out_tongue:

So please can I have a bit more info on the instalation methods please. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Could you post a link to the rename tool, please?

Sorry, the link is:

First you need to click the file "Install English (or French) Presets". This will add the presets to your rename settings.
Then you can set up different buttons for the tasks you wish to use, following this pattern:

Rename Preset="add leading date"
Rename Preset="cleanup"
Rename Preset="delete numbers"

etc.

It is recommended to create a dedicated tool bar or menu for the various presets.

Paste this into a toolbar in customize mode. It will make a menu containing all buttons.

<?xml version="1.0"?> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none" type="menu"> <label>Fred´s rename presets</label> <icon1>#newmenu</icon1> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>adding leading date</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;add leading date&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>cleanup</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;cleanup&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>delete numbers</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;delete numbers&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>lower extension</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;lower extension&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>lower case</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;lowercase&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>photo button</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;photo - button&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>TitleCasePlus</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;TitleCasePlus&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>TitleCaseSimple</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;TitleCaseSimple&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> <button backcol="none" display="both" textcol="none"> <label>UpperCase</label> <icon1>#newcommand</icon1> <function type="normal"> <instruction>Rename Preset=&quot;uppercase&quot;</instruction> </function> </button> </button>

Thank you will try this out first thing tommorrow.

Good of you to take the time to help others.